[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Gra's A7V "Schnuck" build
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Other RC Vehicles » Land

Post subject: Re: Gra's A7V "Schnuck" build
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:04 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

forgot to attach the mesh grills :? :?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:05 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Still in awe of your effort. I will have a video up soon on youtube with the engine start sounds for the A7V. I have them on the Asp I'm using for development/programming at present. The video shows Asp and a Sirvoe board controlling the Burn Effect Smoke Unit.

Are you putting smoke in this beast?

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:32 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:24 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Got the 1mm fibre optic cable in for the MG's, have made two boxes for the LEDs which have sections in it with holes to hold the cable in place without gluing so if one cable breaks can insert new piece. The box is made so i can slide it in nd out to remove for repairs if necessary and same with the top cover.
Made new MG barrel ends this time with brass as the walls are thinner than the aluminium, tried to expand the ends but didn't turn out well :( :( so they are still straight. Also added another set of Mato speakers.

cheers
gra :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:00 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi All,
been bit slow on the updates but work has been slowly continuing
have installed all the electronics and cables now, using the new ASP board from RCTA, in discussion with Kevin have even managed to get an A7 sound set. the ASP is a bit like the old El Mods with a main board and a daughter board that plugs in on top and it has all the sounds etc...
very simple to use especially with the ASP template on the TX. so it does all i hoped for 2 mg sounds (50 and 30 Cal) which has a slower rate of fire like the old mg's would have had, running 3 mg's on ea sound. have set up the recoil with a servo (pics later) installed 2 sets of Mato speakers has the engine sound from 1 and the guns from the other set, was a bit quiet so i added an other speaker which has a 20 watt amp (on the board) so it has plenty of volume (pics later). the board sits on a sheet of styrene that can be removed, the batt cables run under the sheet, will also have a batt recharge plug.

cheers
gra ;)

some pics :D

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:21 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Up early today, so bit of an update ;D sorry for the delay in updates.
Have cabled the ASP in all nice and tidy, as i said before have added a new speaker (3 all up) and made the speaker box and transmission cover in one. 2 sets of Mato speakers up in the grills sounds bloody good. The ASP is a plug and play board so if going into your HL tank easy peasy especially if you have the template in your Turnigy TX, there is some soldering to do if you want to add extra LED's etc.. For the size it has many plugs some which are smaller for the extra LED's to get them into the board i suppose. i have 2 x 8 pin cables, 1 for the normal HL wiring that runs turret motors, h/lights etc and the other connects the mato speakers, 2nd mg flash and aux lights too. There is an option to plug the elevation into another plug for proportional control, it come with a small servo board(sirvo) for the recoil, have installed the servo onto the recoil unit, being the first totally new recoil i have built unlike the modded HL ones i had to put a guide bar in to stop the barrel turning in the sleeve, added a brass tube down the centre to get more length for connecting to the servo arm. Must say works brilliant, fast back slow forward just beautiful ;D ;D. A bloody good board Kevin :D :D . Have painted the mesh grills and glued on also have started the riveting process, a long slow task but slowly gaining speed with each new rivet lol.

some pics ;D

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:56 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Rivets and more bloody rivets, i have thought hard and long about the best way to go riveting to make it simple. quick and easy, first i had my Dremel set up with a pin vice (drill size .61mm) and some stockings strung across the room to take the weight and can hold steady without much resistance. I am only using pins from the beading shop nice and soft to cut and play with, the stocking idea didn't work out that well as even with the dremel on slow it was still way too fast and the drill could move easy if not held tight, the bit filled up with styrene shavings quick. I had bits of metal and styrene for line guide and jigs but that was too bloody awkward, slow and still the drill could move and drill the hole in wrong spot (only has to move a fraction then you couldn't get it back) so in the end i went back to slow and steady wins the race, just going by eye drilling with a small cordless screwdriver on the marked lines and no other help ::) ::). amazing how many you can do in a short time when you get a run theme going. Just drilled a hole insert pin and super glued in with using a tooth pick to get the glue on without making a mess. Started on the capolla first then the grills and also glued on the nuts with the bolt thread coming through looks great. Many thanks to Biff for supplying the Meng sheets of nuts and bolts, good stuff different sizes just cut off and glue.
The rivets only go down to 1.6mm so just using styrene rod for anything thats smaller, also using styrene hex rod for the smaller bolt heads.

some pics ;D ;D

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:01 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

more pics :D

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:09 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

last lot :)
i started on the underside with the multiple pin lines for trial and error installing them, also found out i couldnt really use less pins and spread them out a bit as it didn't look quiet right ::) ::) so 1400 plus rivets here i come ;D

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:13 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

This is looking Great mate. Love it.

I don't envy you that riveting job, but boy at the end of it this will be one stunning model.

Brilliant

Paul

Board index » Other RC Vehicles » Land