[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - model matching
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: model matching
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:53 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi guys,

Am back with more radio questions.

This time model matching, I want it. I have 9XR Pro, flysky module and an orange module.

With the flysky module I tried the changing protocol to PXX but no surprise the receiver didn’t respond.

Not tried the orange module yet, but think this protocol is DSM (or something) and I don’t get the option to number the receiver like in PXX option so guessing this isn’t going work, or is it because I had the flysky module plugged in and not the orange?

Anyway all confused with it all, so if anyone can help me set it up with the modules I have. Or if neither modules will do it it they could suggest what I need, will need to use 6 & 8 channel receivers.

Cheers

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post subject: Re: model matching
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi TB

You will only get Model matching with the FrSky XJT module and X series receivers. The PXX protocol is a FrSky one. Details of binding are in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=154&t=882

The FlySky module is just a regular Turnigy module and the Orange module is a right royal pain in the butt.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:02 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,

I had a feeling that was goinf to be the case. Best I get saving for the XJT module and a load of receivers.

Thanks for the info.

Ian

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:10 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

You won't regret the purchase. Yes they are a bit expensive but well worth it.

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:55 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I am using the XJT module in both my 9XRs with X8R RXs now Ian. Pricey, but bloody brilliant. The model matching is worth it alone ;)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:35 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Guys,

More questions.

Hobbyking is listing 2 versions of 8XR and X6R one labelled 2015 EU version which is cheaper. Is this older or newer version I should go for?

My radio has ratchet on left stick. So do I need a Mode 1 Left stick gimbal to get the centering spring?

I take is apart from changing the protocol to PXX there is nothing else to change as I've quite a big setup for my excavator and dont want to go through reprogramming it all again.

Cheers

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:17 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Ian,

I think either version of the RC will work with the XJT module.

No other changes are needed, all you have to do is change the protocol the radio and Rx are using to pox. Everything ales stays the same. Kevin has a great video on this forum showing the binding process for thes modules/Rxs as it is a little different.

Paul

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:24 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Paul,

Seen the video on binding. I just wanted to double check no changes to the radio programming.

Do you know which gimbal I need to replace left stick ratchet?

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:58 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

hi mate,

Your radio is set up for mode 2 (throttle/ratchet on the left) so you need a mode 1 left stick. They are pretty much plug and play. once you are into the radio just 4 screws holding the gimble, and a couple of plugs. All nice and easy.

Paul

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:45 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Right order placed.

XJT module
X8R receiver x2
X6R receiver x2
Gimbel

£118 with shipping. Guess I best get the FlySky & Orange modules and receivers sold.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x