[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Turnigy9xr pro and tanker9x
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: Turnigy9xr pro and tanker9x
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:12 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hope this is not too basic a question to ask of you experts.
I am new to hobby grade radios.
I have a turnigy 9 xr pro and want to install the tanker9x firmware.
In the download section it says "just download to your sd card"
This I can do but I can't believe this is all I have to do.
Before I destroy my new radio I would really appreciate any help you can give.
Many thanks
Bob

Post subject: Re: Turnigy9xr pro and tanker9x
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:13 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

No it pretty much is all that simple.
Place the tanker firmware file in the firmware folder on your SD Card. Depending on when you got your Pro also on the sd card will be a folder call "manuals" in there you should find lots of pdfs telling you how to change the firmware and how to use/operate your pro in general. I do suggest having a look at all the documentation.

Just in case your SD Card does not have such a manuals folder:

1. Press the two inner most horizontal trim buttons down and turn on the radio
(Radio will enter bootloader mode and look at all the firmware files on the SD Card)

2. Select tanker and press MENU - Then confirm operation.
(tanker will be loaded)

3. Restart radio.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:28 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Excellent - thanks. it is that simple and I am reading through the manuals!!

I know you can't keep answering my basic questions but just two more on the pro
The 9xr (not pro)you supplied came with templates which I use for the rc5hl. Are there templates for the pro and how do I access them?
Second question. In one of your videos you showed a modded pro - 3 position switches and set up for the. Asp. Could you supply me with a similarly modded pro,asp etc
Kind regards
Bob

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:24 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Excellent and many thanks.
However there are no templates like with the tanker9x firmware.
Again .probably a stupid question but where can I find the templates for the Rc5hl etc to download
Regards
Bob

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:47 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The templates are there on tankER9XPro which again is just a version of ersky9X. On this firmware they have been moved and you access the templates menu at the bottom of the MIXER page.

GO right to the bottom of the MIXER page and there you will find access to the TEMPLATES page

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:46 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi All,
I'd like to ask some questions. First, I've just loaded the tank firmware on my 9XR PRO, ersky9xr_rom_r212.bin. Is this the correct one!. Two, now when switch on the radio with the left stick in the centre I get a warning. Three, when I downloaded the firmware I saw all the folders on the SD card should I be able to see them on the boatload screen!. So any advice/info/guidelines would be most gratefully received. Brian...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:05 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The best place for advice on the 9XR Pro and ersky9x is the dedicated forum on Openrc forums

http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=123

If you have downloaded new firmware then you place the file into the "Firmware" folder on the sd card.

Go to bootloader and all of the firmware options in the firmware folder will be displayed.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x