[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - motor speeds are different.
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: motor speeds are different.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:15 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Guys. I have a turnigy xr9pro with tankxer9pro I got from RCTA. It all works fine.

I have 2 motors, one on each track. Problem is that because one of my motors is reversed, it runs slower than the other. Can someone please give a a quick heads up how to set the Turnigy to make them run the same speed.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: motor speeds are different.
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:06 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

If you haven't solved this yet!
Are your motors driven by separate channels?
If so, adjust the 'fast' motor channel by reducing the throttle response. Set the weight to less than 100%, say 95%. This will mean the throttle now goes fromm -95% to +95%. Correct this by putting in an offset value of -5% (also set Fix Offset to ON).

Mike.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:48 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Thanks Mike. The motors are on the same channel (I think). That is, I push the 1 lever forward or reverse (channel 2) for either and left or right for power or braked turns (channel 1).

Using mixing of a Dimension Engineering Sabertooth 2 x32 ESC to control the two drive motors. I'm trying to figure out that, since this setup has tank-style mixing as they call it for turns, then it appears logical that one track could be made to revolve and a different RPM than the other. Seems to be a mystery to all. Still trying.

Cheers

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:15 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi tankdozer, sorry I won't be much help for this but I'm a bit confused when you say one motor is reversed and I presume it's not the standard board (like ASP) setup and Tx .
I how much slower is it, on my tanks I have a few that one track is a bit slower than the other but it doesn't really worry me.

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I have three tanks and all of them have the same problem, one of the motors is a bit faster than the other one. Playing with the trims I can solve it a bit, but really annoys me.

All the tanks should come with gearboxes like the tamiya leopard. Hope somebody makes gearboxes like that for heng long some day...

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x