[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Transmitter repair
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: Transmitter repair
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:03 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi guys,

Does anyone repair radio transmitters in Sydney area? :?:
I have a Turnigy 9x 3 months old and it smoked!

Post subject: Re: Transmitter repair
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:10 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Not in Sydney...

I do repair the 9X up here in Brisbane all the time. You would have blown your one or more of your voltage regulators and associated capacitors.

It is quite an easy fix and usually it can be done "while you wait."

Plenty of info on web on how to do this repair yourself

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:20 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:17 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well if you want to sell it let me know

A 9X with a 9Xtreme board has to be the best Tank control radio available anywhere

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:02 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Is it a LiPO?

Most probably but I would certainly keep an eye on it. Really depends on how long the short was. If the components fried right away then less chance of damage.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:25 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:54 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad

The Taranis is a great radio and you can run ersky9x on it and to be honest I wish I used mine more. However for me personally I'm not a big fan of the Taranis feel & build quality and prefer the more robust (just) 9X switches. I know if something does get broken on the 9X it is a very simple fix. For me also the 9X with ersky9x is much easier to use and Mike B the developer is always on hand for advice. So too is Steve who makes the 9Xtreme.

I do wish that the 9X had that nice screen that the Taranis has but at the end of the day it is just eye candy and really you are looking at the model not the radio screen. In both cases programming using the computer is still much better than doing it on either radio.

The 9Xtreme may also cost a little less than a Taranis especially if you already have a 9X or can pick one up cheap. BUT you do have to do the setup and mods with the 9Xtreme yourself so if you are not confident do the work then the Taranis would be a better option.

I am using the 9Xtreme as my main radio now over the 9XR Pros - I have modded and installed the factory Turnigy module internally and have FrSky XJT externally. I have also changed all switches to 3 position switches and replaced one of the pots with a six position selector switch which will in the future allow the triggering of even more Asp user sounds.

Also for the future the Bluetooth trainer ability will help with my continuing project of tank combat with a driver and gunner controlling a single tank.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:05 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Wow thanks for your big response, as always. I will definitelly stick with the 9xtreme then. Seems to be the best way to go.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:44 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi all,

Got my new 9x and luckily I managed to salvage the old backlight from the other radio & reflashed tanker 9x.
I also noticed that the new radio left stick sef centers while the old 9x doesnt :D

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x