[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Adding a 6-position switch to your Turnigy 9X or 9XR Pro
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: Re: Adding a 6-position switch to your Turnigy 9X or 9XR Pro
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:26 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well, Im triying to have all my ASP functions working, and so far:

Everything works except the channel 6 functions, due to I dont know how to configure them.

Im using the 9xtreme, got the 6 pos switch installed in the P3, I calibrated it and works. I also configured curves (tried with c17, c18 and c19) but still dont have clear how to use them. I tried setting the P3 in the channel 20 like you (dont understand how could it work there, when there are only 8 ch) and in the ch6 too.

Sometime ago I think I saw a video around here, and with the 6 pos switch you selected the sound bank and with the ELE switch up and down you selected to play a song from the banks. I cant find that video again...

So then, could you please guide me of how to use the 6 pos switch and the volume pot?

Edit with my phone, sorry for the mistakes.

I found the video https://youtu.be/sH9evSB9T5Y

I would like to be able to do the same but no idea how. If I turn the 6 pos switch it plays the soundfile, but I would like to do the same, select the bank with the 6 pos and play with the 3 pos switch.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:15 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Again I'll outline the basics:

1. Install 6-pos switch
2. Assign 6-pos switch to a non used channel (say CH20)

2016-08-16 (4).png
2016-08-16.jpg

3. Use a curve (high in number, I have used 17 in this example) to map the positions of the switch to -100,-85,-70,70,85,100

2016-08-16 (1).png

Then for CH5, CH6 & CH7 create a mix that replaces the CH with CH20 (the 6 pos switch)

2016-08-16 (2).png

Using CH6 as the example the +32% mix controls the volume and only allows the volume pot to go between –32 and +32. So the volume pot can not trigger the sounds
When you turn on the EL up switch the value of CH6 is REPLACED by the values of CH20. So the mixer gets the value/position of the 6-pos switch and outputs that onto CH6.

The process is thus the same for CH5 with the EL down switch and CH7 with the GE down switch.

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:44 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks, works great now.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:48 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yah..... some good news

I hope now that you can see how it all works and can be more confident in using your 9X

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:05 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,
I'm upgrading my Taranis Plus by adding the S3 switch like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRGZWFTCx4A
My question is, should I set up the curve with the values you listed in the earlier post of this thread, or should I create the curve as explained in the above linked video and here:
http://open-txu.org/2-2-11-frsky-tarani ... -13-of-13/

I don't know if the curve is dependent on the switch and radio, or the new signal assignments you made for Ch5, 6 and 7.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:37 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Pete

I can't be of too much help with the Taranis. I do not use it. All I can tell you is how ersky9x operates.

In ersky9x curves are curves - they are independant. You have 19 (I think) curves now available in ersky9x which you can apply to whatever. In this case you set the 6-pos switch up on a non used channel and assign a curve so that you get the values you want. No need to do curves with normal 3-pos switches as you simply assign the required values.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:09 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

thanks Kevin, I understand that. It's all very similar in opentx. I just don't understand if curves are radio-dependent, switch-dependent, or signal limits-dependent. I guess I'll try the taranis curve values with your signal limits and will see what happens. If it doesn't work right, I'll try the curve values you posted for turnigy.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:45 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Not sure what you mean by Radio dependent, switch dependent or signal limits dependent. Curves are curves there is a - x- axis (input) and a y-axis output. The input is the channel which can be a stick or a switch or a combination.

Lets look at a stick - by default the curve is linear. Move from centre 10 units and the output is 10 units away from center. Go to full defection and you get the max units away from centre so the default curve is y=x. A curve is a mathematical relationship.

Limits only need to be in play if you want to use a 6 pos switch and then they will be -100 and +100. You will not use a curve with a 3-pos switch.

You will be much better off seeking answers on the OpenTX forums where I am sure there will be a page or a link to an openTX manual. Have you read the er9x manual? I would not be surprised if curves act the same in OpenTX as er9x. The ER9X manual is something that you should certainly read if there is no OpentX manual.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:46 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

No worries man, like I said, I'll try one and if it doesn'the work right, I'll try the other.
What I meant by source dependent was, there is one type of curve recommended by Taranis and opentx users, and there's a totally different curve recommended by you for turnigy and ersky9x. So I was trying to figure out what factor causes that difference. If the curve is made to match some calibration offsets within the radio, or if the curve was made to offset signals sent by the different switches, or if it was made to match certain signal limits normally used for flights in Taranis vs those you made for our tanks.
But again, no need to wreck our brains over this. I'll do some tests and will know.
Yes, I read the manuals to some extent in the past, but to me it's wasted time, cause I don't retain anything unless I need it right then. So doing key research always works best for me.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:09 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

ok got it

the curves are made to offset signals sent by the input

The input can be a single switch, stick or pot

To assign a curve to multiple switches you need to add each switch to your mix and then apply the curve to each of those switches. But again you would not use a curve on a 2 or 3 pos switch. Instead you would use a switch turn on/off the effects of a curve on a mix.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x