[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Adding a 6-position switch to your Turnigy 9X or 9XR Pro
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: Adding a 6-position switch to your Turnigy 9X or 9XR Pro
 Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:44 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey All
Here is a quick and dirty little video series to help out those of you wanting to add a six position switch to your 9XR Pro. This video makes use of the switch available from HobbyKing for this mod.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... R_Pro.html

Yes it is an expensive switch but it is a GOOD size and perfect for the job. Adding this switch will allow users to easily access any of the 6 user sound banks available on Asp. Not my best video series but hopefully a handy guide for anyone with tips for first timers. The last part show the all important setup with ersky9x.

Part 2 of the 6 position switch install. This video looks at how to wire in your new switch.

Part 3 of the 6 position switch install. A whole video about putting back on the darn original knob. This was for me the hardest part to do on the first install I did. The shaft of the new switch seems a bit smaller than the original and as a result the collet seems to push away from the shaft when the grub screw is tightened making fitting of the original knob difficult. To help stick the old knob in some boiling water for a bit. If you have problems rest assured it will fit on.

Part 4 of the 6 position switch install. Radio setup. The key thing to do here are:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of ersky9x - visit http://www.er9x.com
2. Start radio with left horizontal trim to the left
3. In Hardware Menu go to 3-pos switch page and calibrate
4. If using with Asp or any other non-quadcopter application - goto CURVES and setup a curve to adjust the switch values to what your require.

In summary once you have installed and calibrated the switch go to the CURVES menu then all the way to the bottom to c17 which is a curve that will allow you to adjust BOTH the X and Y axis. Input the following (or near enough):
-100 -100
-42 -85
-12 -70
-5 -70
0 0
5 70
13 70
36 85
100 100

Then whenever you use P3 in a mix make sure to include c17 as its curve.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Adding a 6-position switch to your Turnigy 9X or 9XR Pro
 Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:34 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks for the tutorial. Everything seems to be very easy to do except the hot water part, lol.

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:51 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

yep that old knob is a bugger. Keep in hot water for several minutes.

I have posted the final video which is the most important showing how to setup the switch using ersky9x.

Since this mod along with adding those extra 3 -position switches is/are relatively simple I have made yet more additions to the Asp firmware. For both Asp 1 and the upcoming Asp you can now have 6 sound banks using the switch above PLUS I have also added 2 more gun fire options. The extra guns can be setup using additional 3-pos or push button switches.

1. MG1 (-100%)
2. MG3 (-75%) - NEW
3. MG2 (-50%)
4. Cannon 2 - AP round (50%) (2 shot kill round)
5. Information request - (75%) used to send data to other units - NEW
6. Cannon 1 - Standard round (100%)

PLUS I have also added a quasi Invunerabilty IR mode (I can't believe I have only just added this). I say quasi because you can take 100 hits before being destroyed and that will never happen. Sorry Rad but only available with the IR remote programmer by pressing [V].

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:49 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I installed it in my Flysky 9x, Red wire goes to GND, black to VCC and brown to JP2.

So now I have 4 3pos switches and one 6 pos switch... It looks like I only need an ASP now. :D

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:08 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Most excellent

Remember the six position switch is setup on it's own channel (say CH22). In that way you can activate it via a switch on CH5, CH6 & CH7. In the current model file it goes like this:

ELE Switch UP - activates the Switch value for CH6 (sounds)
ELE Switch Down - activates the Switch value for CH5 (switching on & off stuff. LEDs, smoke,...)

GEAR switch - activates the Switch value for CH7 (weapons select)

cheers
kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:55 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well, I installed it in another PRO. (and the 3 pos switches too) It came with the R22 pre soldered, the board is the version 1.10 and the other with no R22 was the version 1.04

I must say your videos have been SUPER helpfull, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time filming them.

Just one thing, I did not need to use hot water for the Pot, it was very easy to install it. :roll:

I also installed the original pot in my 9x, just 20 seconds of dremel work.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:55 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

The more recent test versions of ersky9x include a second x-y curve (curve18), and, almost specifically for the 6-pos switch, a 6-point curve (curve19).
The 6-point curve points match exactly the 6 positions of a calibrated 6-pos switch, making it easy to map the switch positions to specific output values.

The test versions are here: .

I've also improved the audio output. Previously, if a voice message was playing, beeps (e.g. trim switch movements) were lost. I now merge the beeps with the voice message. In addition, I've added a 'background audio' option. With this you may play an audio file, which will have beeps merged with it, and will be paused while any voice message is played. You may even create 'play lists' of several audio files to be played one after another and set a 'loop' option to repeat the list (or a single file).
You may assign switches (physical or logical) to start/stop the background file and to pause/resume it. Also switches to skip forwards/backwards through a 'play list'.
More details here: .

Mike.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:03 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Excellent - Thanks Mike

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:15 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

just having a small issue ,have replaced what I thought was p3 (the aux.2 pot on the far left as you look at the radio) with the six position switch , when I go into calibration and the hardware menu it keeps telling me that it is actually p1 !!!
where have I gone wrong!!!
is it as simple as the wrong mode or radio setup?
is there a simple fix , or in my model mix ,should I just change all p3 values to p1

sid

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:41 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I really don't know what you did there but the obvious simple fix is to swap around the wiper (middle) wire between the 2 pots.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x