[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Custom firmware for the Turnigy 9x anyone?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Custom firmware for the Turnigy 9x anyone?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Is it really worth paying the extra $$$$ for a name brand. I mean if the transmitter stuffs up it is not like your tank is going to come plummeting to earth from 100 metres in the sky. What is the worst that can happen?? Tanks stops you have to walk over and pick it up.

When I get myself a flying tank I might look at a different tranmitter till then I'm quite sure the 9X is more than adequate.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:39 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

I was wondering where the modified source code for tank er9x is?
I'm interested to know what changes have been done to the original code, particularly since the original code is being continually updated.
Also, the 9X was upgradeable by using the SKY board, that uses an ARM processor and provides many more features. This upgrade has subsequently been used in the Turnigy 9XR-PRO. Both of these run ersky9x, a variant of er9x.
erksy9x is also available to run on the FrSky Taranis.
The 9XR, HK's version of the 9X, ships with an Atmel ATMEGA128 processor. THis has twice the flash memory and twice the EEPROM storage for models. To make use of these, you need a version of er9x compiled specifically for this processor.

If I knew what changes have been done to er9x, I could most likely add them in as compile options to the standard firmware.

Some changes may not be needed, for example, I've recently added custom names for the sticks.

Mike.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:39 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Mike

It is absolutely wonderful to have you found our little neck of the woods. It's Kevin G here we have talked about ER9X (tankER9X) and specifically erksy9x.

I don't think too many on this forum will know who you are and exactly how important you are to the R/C community.

I have been pushing erksy9x BUT it has been an uphill battle. I have some new tank control boards that I have developed which go hand in hand with erksy9x on the 9XR Pro and Taranis. In fact ersky9X will be the preferred operating system for all RCTA products in future.

I have been too busy working on these control boards to have had a recent look at your changes to ersky9x. These boards are nearing completion and I will be in contact with you again soon as I have a whole range of questions for you. Specifically, wrt to setting up templates for these new boards on both the 9XRPro and Taranis.

It will be absolutely great to have you on-board with tank customisation of sky9X - there is so so much that us tankers need that I am positive you can do for us.

Thanks Mike - you will be hearing from me very soon

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:16 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

For those who are using the 9X, and would like to have a more capable transmitter, you may be interested in this from SmartieParts: .
It is a solderless add on and provides the same level of performance as a 9XR-PRO or a Taranis. I version of ersky9x will be shipped with it.

Mike.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:18 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Mike, Great to hear from you again - as usual with something brilliant. This would be a must have for any plain 9X users if they want to use any of the newer tank control units. I am certainly getting one immediately.

Thanks for the update
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:19 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi,
I have recently flashed my TX 9x to the awesome tank 9x commander firmware
But I think it's the older version,

Can anyone please inform me where the new firmware is?

Cheers
Seb

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:49 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Seb

As we say here in Oz "If it was a snake it would bite you." In this very forum a little way down the page you will see:

Releases and support for tankER9X and tankER9XPro

The last release of tanker was back in 2014. I am no longer updating tanker9X. I don't feel that there is a need to do this as the new releases of the plain er9x firmware address 90% of the thing lacking in previous versions of er9X.

I strongly suggest that you update to the most recent version of standard er9x which you can find here:
http://www.er9x.com/er9x.hex

Er9X will of course be lacking the tank templates, have the useless Helicopter menu and the sticks will have aircraft names. HOWEVER, you can easily rename the sticks to anything you want in Radio Setup, ignore the Heli menus and the tank templates are replaced with the more accessible and transferable model files. But if you wish the original templates you can load them up from the .eepe file below

templates.eepe

Asp model files can be found in the Asp forum topic.

If you wish to get the tanker9x splash screen then you can use EEPE to extract the image from tanker9X and save it to the new version of er9x and upload that.

Further if you are using standard er9x then you can head on over to the er9x forums and get support direct from the guys actually making the firmware (and donate to further er9x development as well).

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi everybody ,
No more tanker9x :wtf:
Is IT possible to use the 3 Position switches mod for the pro with the er9x firmware? Yesterday i tried with the opentx But This Firmware dont Work with This switches , only 2 pos. :angry: and which Firmware Do I need exactly?
128 ?Standard ? Can i Program my model then on a PC ?
Best regards from germany

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:19 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:53 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok thnx alot. I try IT with open tx. Got Problems with the 3 pos switches which dont Work . Offset 50 % ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x