[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Turnigy Aux3 Problem Light on/off
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: Turnigy Aux3 Problem Light on/off
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:24 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi i'm new to this Forum,
I got a Turnigy 9x with tanker9x, El-Mod pro with Blaster Tiger 1 Mid.
I Love the Turnigy it is much more the Radio i wanted for my Tank, but i have some questions.

Starting the tank works just fine like the other stuff but i can't turn lights on/off i checked the connection and if something gets through the circuit and yes it does but i can't see anything in the software or on my tank.
I think and hope it is just a setting problem.
I hope you can help me with that.

I was thinking about writing a manual for the Firmware so everybody even stupid people like me can set up there turnigy like they want it.

The other question is do you still need help with the programing the radio? i learned it, i didn't do it in a while but i think i can work me in again c/c++.

Thank you in advance

Danny

Post subject: Re: Turnigy Aux3 Problem Light on/off
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Danny

Thanks for joining the forum and downloading tankER9X.

First question is what version of tankER9X are you using? The last version of tankER9X featured some templates for the El Mod Pro. Select an empty model - go to the templates page and load up the El Mod Pro template. The lights and ignition are on channel 5. It is best to asign the 3 position switch ID0 to channel 5.

Your mix for channel 5 should look like this:

CH05 100% MAX Switch (ID0)
-100% MAX Switch (ID2)

In this case switch up to the (ID0) position and back to the middle turns on the tank (ignition)
Flick the switch down to (ID2) position and back to the middle should turn ON the light repeat to turn off the light.

The example above assumes that you do not want to control an auxillary light (in addition to your headlight).

If you are wanting to control your headlight AND an auxillary light (convoy light or other) then the existing template won't work as is. One way to make it work is to use one of your pots (not ideal and why it is not in the template)

Add another mix to channel 05 so it looks like this

CH05 100% MAX Switch (ID0)
-100% MAX Switch (ID2)
-50% P1 Switch (ID2)

Now if you turn P1 all the way counterclockwise and then flick the ID switch. You should only be turning on your Aux light. Turn the pot all the way around clockwise and flick the switch for the headlight.

As for the manual I haven't done the work as yet and because tankER9X is for all practical purposes identical to the standard er9X version and the standard manual has been fine so far. Although I really need to add some notes on the Templates section as that is the most different.

As for further updates of tankER9X they will happen in accordance to updates of ER9X itself. It was deceided that tankER9X was not going to do the major alteration of changing the RUD, ELE, AIL terms as this would cause conflicts with using eePe. So major C++ work isn't needed for tankER9X at the moment. However, there are a number of other projects on the horizon that will need C++ so I'll be sure to remember your offer. Thanks.

As an example of why the terms aren't changing here is an eePe file for the ElMod Pro to help you out.

ElModPro.eepe

Cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:33 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Thank you for your quick reply i just tryed your eepe file it is not working for me it seems to mess up everything so i just changed to the old one.
my 3 position switch is not working just in one direction that is really strange cause i checked all the cables and the signal is going through. do somebody know where the signal is going on the processor? which pin so i can check that too.

and my turret is moving in the opposite direction when i move my stick.

Danny

Got the 3 pos Switch to work now i have to fine tune it all and get it to run in the right direction some body have clou?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:22 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

If your turret is moving the opposite way that will be an easy fix. Just go to the limits page 5/9 scroll down to the channel that your turret is on and go across to the last column. Press menu to invert the signal.

Like most controllers the El Mod initialises each time you turn it on to the settings it first gets from your radio. Make sure all the setting are how you want them on your radio before turning on or setting up your El Mod.

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x