[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - did I f**k*d up my new radio?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: did I f**k*d up my new radio?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:48 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Help..... A few days ago I received my turnigy9xr from HK.together with a programming usb stick. Because I bought it especially for my tanks I wanted to flash the tank firmware. After a few tries the software (companion9x) flashed the radio, but then the probs began. The radio said it was a bad file and it flashed the standard software on the radio. now I have the following software:
SVN: opentx-r 2491
Date: is today

and EEPR: 215-32768

I tried several times to flash the original firmware from Hobbyking, and again the tankfirmware, but nothing works.
I only can make connection when I mark in the preferences in companion 9x "openTX for 9XR with M128 chip"
Also there are problems for the program to see the usbstick. only when i first connect stick first with the radio and then in the computer the program can do his work. Maybe I better tries an older version of companion 9x? now I have version 1.31 rev 2028.
I am afraid mi radio is fucked up, I liked to have the tankstuff or the original soft again.
who can help me?

Dirk

Post subject: Re: did I f**k*d up my new radio?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:15 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

ok, I posted the problem on the 9ry forum, this is the answer I got:

Unread postby Dvogonen » 03 Jul 2013, 21:36
The origimal Turnigy 9XR had a m64 processor. Since then HobbyKing has improved the radio and now uses the m128 processor, which has more memory. Your radio is of the improved kind, since only the m128 version of the software will load. This is the reason that neither the original Turnigy firmware nor the tank firmware will load ; they are both intended for radios with the m64 chip.

As far as I know these there is no m128 version of the original firmware available for download, so you are stuck with openTX, which is very similar anyways.

I don't know if there is tank software available for m128 radios. Probably not. Go and post a question directly on their forum.

After this answer I realize that I am fucked.

Dirk

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Dirk

The reply that you got is yet another example of my mantra that people who know nothing post to forums pretending that they know something.

I have 2 9XRs both running with tankER9X and have sold more 9XRs also with tankER9X on them. There are a plethora of videos on the RCTA youtube channel showing the 9XR in action with tankER9X installed. I am using the 9XR with both on old 9X radio module and the OrangeRX module both running tankER9X.

Hobbyking do now have the 128 processor chip in the 9XR that is correct so all you need to do is tell the 9X editor that you are updating a m128 chip not m64. I flash 9Xs and 9XRs just about every week. If there is an issue I have not found it.

Regardless the ONLY difference between tanER9X and the standard ER9X or for that matter the firmware that comes on the 9XR from Hobbyking is that tankER9X is complied with out the Helicopter menus, has a tank on the splash screen and has the templates edited from ones for planes to ones for tanks. That is it.

So you can burn to your 9XR the standard ER9X firmware if you wish. You will simply then have to create all the mixes for yourself or upload individual model settings.

Finally, although there should not be a problem with Companion9X, the original ER9X editing programmer eePe is the recommended program for use. Why? Because eePe was written by the guy that developed ER9X and is specifically for ER9X. Companion9X is not as closely linked to ER9X as eePe is. Again I have both programs on my computer and I only use eePe.

From this part of your question...

now I have the following software:
SVN: opentx-r 2491
Date: is today

and EEPR: 215-32768

It looks like Companion9X has gone and 'Nope not going to do what you want. I'm going to put my own version of firmware onto your radio instead'. So you have OpenTx on your radio and NOT ER9X

So install eePe and use it rather than Companion9X. Simples

Cheers
Kevin G

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:11 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Kevin,

Thx for the answer, I am gonna look for Eepe,whatever it is, I am not familiar with these things.
OK, I used eePe and now I have a good firmware, but when I try to flash the Tankfirmware, it says that it is bad data, so it doesn't work.
anyway, now I have to work a bit, and later today, I gonna try it once again. Meanwhile many thanks and I'll give some reaction.

Dirk

Later today

I tried the tanksoft several times, it installs but after eePe has finished, the radio gives BAD DATA and formats to OpenTx. So I have to flash it again to get the proper 9xr soft.
Is it possible to send the templates for tanks

Dirk

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

HI Dirk

Try again using these files and eePe

tanker9x_070413.hex

Burn -> Flash firmware to TX -> open tanker9x_0704123.hex and flash away - follow onscreen instructions

once done open this file with eePe using File -> Open

RC2HL_2_setup.eepe

These are the memory settings so this time you need to click

Burn -> Write MEMORY to TX

Once done don't forget to calibrate your radio - if you don't know how there is a video on the rcta youtube channel

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Kevin,

Thnx, now everything works. I'll fix the details myself, no probs at this time. Nice company, every item I got from you works fine.

Grtz

Dirk

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x