[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Range issues -5 meters
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post subject: Range issues -5 meters
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:02 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

I have a turnigy 9x in a home built tank. I isolated the receiver as best I could away from the electronic components, but am only getting, at best, a 5 meter range out of it. Any ideas? It does have the new tank ware flashed to it. And I've checked all the antennas and everything is good to go.

I'm at a loss here.

Post subject: Re: Range issues -5 meters
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:27 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Sounds like an antenna is not connected. When you say 'checked' did you use a multimeter or similar to check the continuity between the PCB and the end of the antenna on both the transmitter module and receiver?? This is the only way to be sure.

First thing to eliminate is the receiver. Have you tried binding a different receiver to the radio? The 9X receiver is probably the weakest link in your setup and I have come across a few faulty receivers in my time.

If the same occurs with a different receiver then the problem is probably with the radio.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:59 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

I have purchased a second receiver to check that very thing. I did not think to check the antenna with a meter. I visually reviewed the connections. From what I saw, the coax shielding(outer metal webbing) is soldered in one place where the thin inner wire is soldered in another a mm away. Does that sound correct? Once the new receiver gets here I'll check both out with a meter.

Thanks

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:39 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

yes that is correct. AS you can see the two solder points are very close. Check that the two are in fact isolated. You may need to do this for both the receiver and the radio module

cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:11 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

New receiver made the difference. Thanks

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:48 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

As I said earlier the weakest link is the receiver. Maybe 5% are faulty BUT it is usually something very easy to fix like bad solder joints.

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x