[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - How to add 3 position switches to your 9XR Pro
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: How to add 3 position switches to your 9XR Pro
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:23 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Er9x (standard version) supports replacing 2-position switches with 3-position ones.
Exactly how you do this depends on what other mods you might have already done.
How you configure the firmware for the changes also depends on what processor you have in your 9X. If you have the original ATMEGA64, you have to use eepe to set the configuration, there just isn't enough flash space in that processor to include the configuration. If you have an ATMEGA128 (or have upgraded to an ATMEGA2561) then the configuration is also available in the menus.

Mike.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:48 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

I don't think there are any detailed instructions, yet something else I need to do!
You may replace either or both the ELE and AIL switches with 3-position switches, and you may also add one or two "push buttons". The wiring to the switch is straightforward, simply move the existing two wires to the 3-position switch, then add an extra wire to the extra terminal. You then need to choose where to connect the extra wire.
In the hardware menu, you have options of:
NONE EXT1 EXT2 PC0 PG2 PB7 PG5 L-WR (PG5 only available on a '2561 processor).
and the same for two new items PB1 and PB2, standing for "Push Button".

EXT1 and EXT2 are connections to the Megasound upgrade operating in serial mode.
The remaining connections are direct to processor pins.
For these type ov connection I glue a small piece of stripboard to the PCB, then add a single strand, solid core wire from the processor pin to the stripboard, so I only do this wire once. Then I can connect the wire from the switch to the stripboard easily.

L_WR is the LCD write signal. This is on pin PC4. To use it, you need to remove the 5K1 resistor on the signal, leaving the 10K to pull the signal to the LCD down to ground. Then you can use the signal from the processor as an input.

The hardware menu also has three more entries:
PG2 Input
PB7 Input
L_WR Input
each of which may be OFF or ON.
(PC0 and PG5 are always set as inputs)

If you set PG2 Input ON, then the haptic output is disabled.
If you set PB7 Input ON, then the backlight on PB7 is disabled, but you will also need to be using serial to the Megasound.

I know of a couple of users who have added two push buttons on the back of the Tx for easy operation.

If you are using an ATMEGA64, then these options are not in the hardware menu of the FrSky version as there is limited flash memory space. For this you need to set the options using eepe.

Let me know if you need more information.

Mike.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:21 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Thank you everyone for your help

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:20 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin, I would aprecciate a lot a video tutorial of how to add the 3 pos switches to my flysky th9xb (with the 9xtreme board). I want to prepare my radio for your upcoming ASP

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad

See here:

You should consult this forum from now on for anything 9Xtreme related. This is the best place to go for all 9Xtreme and ersky9x info

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:39 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:03 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Rad

I have replaced all of the switches except TRN (Cannon) and THR (MG1) with 3 position ones. It is such an easy job to do so why not replace all 4 (AIL, ELE, RUD & GEA).

I have replaced one pot with a 6-pos switch BUT I have not yet adjusted the resistor values to give the PWM values needed to trigger the new sound banks. If you must do the 6 pos switch replacement now then you should get a kit that includes 4 variable trimpots. You can then adjust the trims at a later date when the resistance values are known.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well, then I will replace the 4 small switches too. About the 6 pos pot, I assume when you said you replaced the pot with a 6 positions switch you mean a 6 positions pot like the one I saw yesterday this in hobbyking, right?: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... R_Pro.html

I dont know if I would need any resistor or not, I will wait until you tell us what to do.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:49 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I would not get the Hobby King one. They have provided very little detail and if they do have resistors they will be fixed.

This is a better option:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-Mode- ... VmsarmvA-A

Nice instructions and 4 x trimpots. When the resistor values are set all you do in dial in each value on the trimmers.

This setup is primarily being used by Ardupilot for drones and as such the Ardupilot software has its own set values which take up all of the control channel. Unfortunately Asp can not reuse these values as CH6 is also used for volume control. So for Asp I need to set 3 values above and 3 values below the range already being used for volume control. These will probably be 100%, 90% and 80% but as I said I have not got round to trimming my own setup to work out what values will give 90% and 80%.

Maybe I should get onto it today :)

If you are interested here is some background info
http://magicmojo.webs.com/apps/photos/p ... =149511132

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x