[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - How to add 3 position switches to your 9XR Pro
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: How to add 3 position switches to your 9XR Pro
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:56 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

That was very useful. Thx a lot!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi. I would like to replace the 4 small switches instead of the 3 of the video, so I have a question. On the side of the radio you replaced 2 switches with two 3-pos ones, and you added a 1K resistor, ok.

But on the other side you only replaced one switch and you did not install any resistor there.

If I want to replace the two switches there, do I need to install the resistor too?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:51 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Rad

If you want to know about the 3-pos switch mod - all the details are available in this thread.

http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5468

AFAIK you can only replace 3 switches NOT 4 (hardware?? & software constraints). Mike does talk about a 4th but I have not seen the details nor have I found such an option available in the firmware. To easily have a 4th switch you replace a pot, usually with a 6 pos switch.

4 switches are dead easy with the 9Xtreme.

There is only the need for the resistor on the ELE switch as detailed in the above link. I do not know if there is changes in the firmware such that the other inputs can operate like the ELE input. Best person to ask is Mike. He may pass through here but you can certainly get him on the forum above.

AS far as Asp goes I'll be sticking with 3 x small 3 pos switches (plus the original big one to make 4 in total) along with a 6 pos switch @ -100%, -85%, -70% 70%, 85% & 100%

If you have an extra switch like in the 9Xtreme or Taranis all well and good as you can set this yourself to do whatever you may wish it to do.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:33 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Carry on down the thread to: , where you will see I found 3 more switch inputs. These just need a 4K7 (or 3K9) resistor in series with a switch to ground. Since the thread post, the options in the menu have been renamed to LCD2, LCD6 and LCD7 instead of EXT1, EXT2 and EXT3.
As well as allowing any of the extra switch inputs to be used to change a 2-pos switch to a 3-pos switch, I've also allowed them to be used for extra 2-pos switches, called PBx for push buttons. Some users have used these by adding some push buttons on the back of the radio.

Mike.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:44 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks for the info Mike

For all tankers what I'll do is try make up a new video showing what Mike has described above. I have a radio a customer wants modded so they will get the attempt at putting in all 4 3 pos switches.

Mike while you may be here. I have a question on the 6 position switch. I followed the calibration procedure as outlined on the openrc forum but I don't think it quite does what I had hoped. Is it possible (or does this already exist) to be able to input values manually for the 6 positions? I do not want the 6 values spread evenly but rather as above -100.-85,-70, 70, 85 & 100. This is because another pot is controlling volume over the -65 to 65 range.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:29 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Im all eyes for your new tutorial!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:02 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Kevin,
The calibration values are to decode the switch positions, they have nothing to do with the mix output on a channel, which is what I think you are looking for.
If you use the 6-pos switch as the source of a mix, the you do get 6, equally spaced, positions.
If you want these to 'map' to other positions, use a 9-point curve to change them.
e.g., a 9-point curve of -100, -85, -85, -88, 0, 88, 85, 85, 100 will change the mix outputs to be -100, -85, -70, 70, 85, 100 for the 6 switch positions.

Mike.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:26 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Mike you are a genius - so we can buy a HK Turnigy 6 pos switch - not worry about the resistor values - calibrate and then map using a curve. This is most excellent.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:40 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Mike

In case you are around. I tried the curve and it did not work with that 6 pos switch that HobbyKing are now offering. For the life of me I could not get the -70 and 70 positions past -50 and 50 respectively. That is even with a curve of -100,-100,-100,-100, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100.

Maybe I've missed something

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:39 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

First check that with no curve, the output positions for the 6 positions of the switch are:
-100, -60, -20, +20, +60, +100.
Then with your curve of -100,-100,-100,-100, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, let me know what the output values are for the 6 input positions.

Mike.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x