[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - How to add 3 position switches to your 9XR Pro
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: How to add 3 position switches to your 9XR Pro
 Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:01 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Mike
Unfortunately I have replaced the resistors on the Turnigy switch already. I will have to get a new switch and start again. My resistor solution was way way off but I did use a curve to fix it. Only you will get how bad my resistor values are when you see I had to use this curve
-100,-85,-85,-41,74,87,100,100,100 to get -100,-85,-70,70,85,100

On a side note and completely off topic but I have seemed to have lost all sound (beeps included) on a 9XR PRO radio. Flashed to the latest ersky9X and the welcome sound doesn't sound. Flashed back to factory and sound reappeared. Had this happen with 2 radios. Then on one of these radios the sound has deceided to take a vacation. Never had this problem ever before.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:10 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

If you update the firmware to r218 or later, you need to update the voice files on the SD card. You may find them here: .
It was supposed to be backward compatible, but I missed some extra directory searches.

It shouldn't matter what resistors you use on the 6-pos switch. If you run the calibration, then use 6POS as the mix source you should get the values I posted. 6POS is just after all the logical switches in the mix source list.

Mike.

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:22 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks for the info.

OK I will do all of that - new sound files. I did not calibrate the switch because I reverted back to older firmware to try and get the sound happening.

With the new files I will flash to the most recent firmware - calibrate the switch with my new resistors and report back

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:53 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

OK added the new voice pack. All good on the radio with no voice problems. However the radio that had the voice problem still will not play either the wavs or even the speaker beeps. Tried with a different speaker so not a speaker problem. Why would both the speaker beeps and wavs not play? The beeps are not wav files are they?

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:59 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Does the radio with the problem work OK with older firmware or is the audio completely gone?
You are correct that the beeps are not .wav files but are generated sounds.

Mike.

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:55 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Audio completely gone with all firmwares - but as I said it has been on at some stages - had the welcome message at least once and that lovely inactivity alarm at least once. I assume that this is a hardware problem.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:34 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

This may be the headphone socket switch. When you plug headphones in, a switch in the jack socket turns the speaker output off.
You could try plugging headphones in and see if you hear anything in them.

Mike.

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:19 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Mike

Yep I have sound in the headphone jack. Stupid me I should have checked this myself. I never use the headphone socket - probably why I did not think of it. So I guess I should I check the jack to see if the contacts are separated even with the headphone jack out.

Thanks yet again
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:37 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

To help with mapping a 6-position switch to specific channel output values I'm adding an extra curve to ersky9x. This is a 6-point curve, so maps directly to the 6 input values of the 6-pos switch. While I'm adding that, I'll also add a second XY curve. In case you didn't know, curve 17 is a 9-point XY curve where you may adjust the X values of each point as well as the Y values.
Curve 18 is to be another of these and curve 19 will be the 6-point curve.

Mike.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:05 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Mike
- I did not know that there were adjustable X curves. Here am I thinking how useful adjusting the x values would be as that would solve everything.

Thanks also for the help with the audio - that problem was sorted out as well.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » Turnigy 9x