[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Bergepanzer Function for the MAKO
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » MAKO

Post subject: Bergepanzer Function for the MAKO
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Guys

Just a quick heads up to say I've started work on a Bergepanzer Repair function for the MAKO.

In a nutshell. Drive your damaged tank up to a Bergepanzer. The Berg must be within 1 metre. The Berg fires a start repair signal. Repairs start on your tank (tank motors are disabled during this period) . After X amount of secods the Berg must fire a second repair signal to indicate that repairs are finished. Repairs done and you can drive off.

NOTE:
1. To stop battle lasting forever only a limited number of repairs can be made.
2. While being repaired the tank is vunerable to enemy fire so you MUST protect your Bergepanzers and repair stations.
3. In case you do not have a Bergepanzer there will be stationary Repair Stations available. Basically a box that will handle the repairs. You will need to protect this box as it too can be knocked out by enemy fire.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Bergepanzer Function for the MAKO
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:03 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

bloody brilliant Kev 8-) 8-)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Kevin,

So if you get the Bergepanzer function set up, the next step will be to get Profiline to reissue there Pz III Bergepanzer kit. I'm game.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:57 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yeah I missed getting the profiline Bergepanzer too :cry:

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:11 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hello Kevin,
when I read about your effort I told to myself "we MUST contact him and join forces!".
A friend and fellow tanker of my rc tank club (www.carrirc.com) last year designed and built a Tamiya-compatible board for the HL RX18.
The board, called 'Italian Battle Unit' or IBU, did include some additional features such as support for standalone installation, minefield and, most of all, the 'bergepanzer' feature.
I must say that this was a great addition to the battlefield strategies, since we added two bergepanzers and a fixed (and automatic) repair workshop to our collection.
Therefore I cannot but recommend you to add that function to the MAKO adapter.

But I have a proposal which might be interesting towards a greater diffusion of such a feature worldwide: why not adopting the same IR repair pattern shot and recognized by the IBU?

That would add compatibility to the repair function between the only two boards worldwide featuring it, and maybe setting a new standard for the future.

I am also telling this to my friend Scooter (real name: Ivano), the designer of the IBU, which will have the last word about the technical aspects of this collaboration, but it looks greast to me!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Borealis,

Absolutely great to have you on board.

Yes I agree with you a compatible Bergepanzer signal is a must. I would like too for the IBU and MAKO to be able to work together in this regard.

I have also been talking to one of the manufacturers in Germany about adding Bergepanzer function to their control modules. If we can come up with a standard signal then the chances are good that they will add it in to future boards.

If Ivano is agreeable all that he needs to do is send me the details of the Bergepanzer signal used by the IBU. I will use that as the MAKOs signal as well.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:43 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Great!
I have informed Ivano about this news: he will prepare the needed infos to replicate the repair pattern and then send them.
Would you please PM me your email so that we can exchange our contact details and attachments by mail?

Thank you

Board index » Electronics » MAKO