[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Setup Help
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL

Post subject: Setup Help
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:05 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Got my RC5HL and the setup went well until I tested all the functions

- When I move the left stick up it moves the barrel until I get to the top and then it starts firing the main cannon.
- The same stick when I move it down also moves the barrel but only if it is sitting halfway between centre and full down.
- I am unable to move the tank forward or backwards.

All other switches and controls work exactly as they should, I have attached the setup files from my Turnigy 9X.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Setup Help
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:58 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Worked out what was wrong with the forward and backward, the problem was the wires for the motors where mixed up.

Ran the tank out side for a little bit and found that if I try to move the barrel up and down or left and right the tank shuts down and sits with it's front light flashing but I can turn it on again with the Turnigy 9X. Not sure whats making it do that, but I will check the wires again as I did just stuff them into the tank before I closed it up.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:21 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi TP

Your RC5HL is shutting down because of excessive electro magnetic interference (EMI) generated by your turret and or elevation motors. If a motor is new and has not been run in it will produce more EMI. This EMI may be affecting your receiver and or RC5HL.

You can prove this by disconnecting the turret/elevation motor. You will find that there is no shutdown if there is no EMI generated by the motors.

To fix:

1. Add some extra filtering capacitors onto your turret/elevation motors. Get some 0.1uF ceramic capacitors (cost a few cents each) and solder to your motors like so:

emi_fix.jpg

2. I know there is not a lot of space in a tank but move the receiver/rc5hl away from the turret motor.

3. Insulate the RC5HL and or main body of the receiver using anti-static shielding (a cut down anti-static bag apparently can work)

4. Run in your turret/elevation motors - backwards and forwards at different speeds if you can (about 10 minutes)

As for your elevation of ch3 that doesn't sound like anything is wrong. The latest RC5HL firmware allows you to have gun elevation with both up and down stick. Push left stick up to max and this will fire the gun (El Mod style) Push the left stick down to min and MG will fire. BUT this is not the best way to do this with a 9X so the switches (TRN & THR) should be used to fire the cannon and mg. The RC5HL template has the travel of the left stick reduced to 85% so as to stop the firing of the guns with the stick. If you still want to fire guns using the left stick increase to 100% if you only want to fire with the switches you can reduce the travel even further from 85% (try 80). IMPORTANT: The RX18 does NOT have proportional control over the turret/elevation motors. So if you move the stick just a bit off the centre or all the way to max it doesn't matter the motors simply turn on at full speed

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:59 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I put my rc5hl on the side as far way from the motor it stop doing that but when I put in my two channel relay it stated to some weird stuff because the relay was right under the motor. so i put those on but it didn't help so what I did that helped was Anti Static Shielding Silver Foil Bag the one that I got was plastic right over the relay for now. I've turned in both ways and with the barrel going at the same time and it worked. next is going out side to try.but so far so good. its cheap like a $1 for 6 bags on ebay.

hope it helps with someone
hanker

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL