[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Hi there - tank noob here... I need help!
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL

Post subject: Re: Hi there - tank noob here... I need help!
 Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:24 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

What is the green LED doing?

Is it blinking slowly at first and then once calibration is over flash so rapidly it appears to be constantly on?

Have you plugged a servo into each channel of the receiver to check that the receiver/radio combination is working?

Do the Switch functions work ie Can you light up the Sw1 or SW2 LEDs?

There's not much to a RC5HL if everything is plugged in correctly the firmware program will run. It really can do anything else other than run or not run at all. 99% of the time the reason why the program is not running it is because of incorrect connection or the unit is not getting the signals it wants to see in the order it wants to see them.

Since you got the unit running you have managed to connect everything correctly at some stage.

Anyhow as with any RCTA product you are welcome to return if you think the unit is faulty.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:34 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Green LED starts off blinking slowly then fast, almost solid, as expected.

RX functions seem to all be ok.

Switch functions seem to work though SW1 never lights up. SW2 works all the time. On and off no problem.

I'll investigate further next week and report any other findings. Thanks so much for your help thus far.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:09 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

So now I seem to be able to start the tank consistently which is good but it'll go for a minute and then disarm itself. I can then restart it and it'll go again for another minute then disarm again. Any thoughts on that?

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Once you have eliminated the battery as a cause - you would need to give more details than what you have provided. When does it shutdown and under what circumstances?

Does it turn off with the engine sound or just stop dead?

Turn tank on and leave it -don't move don't do anything - does it turn off??

Remove the top hull - just RC5HL, RX18 and motors -drive around just the bottom half does it turn off?

Put tank back together drive around WITHOU accessing the turret of elevation - does it turn off

Does the tank drive fine with the original electrics?

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:43 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:20 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I will also add that I've tried all this with two different RX18s so I don't think the problem lies there.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:11 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

What radio and receiver are you using again? Have you tried a different receiver.

Certainly random crazy actions aren't part of the RC5HL program. A receiver however that is sending out odd signals could very easily cause random crazy actions. Especially if it is turning on without any input on your part.

I'll have a look at the videos now

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:29 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok watched the video but there were of not much help unfortunately. I need to see what YOU are doing and what the radio is sending out.

I could not tell if you are returning CH5 to neutral and I could not see what the Taranis is doing. I need to see the screen on the Taranis that shows the output status of each channel

In one of the videos the tank does exactly what I would expect if the CH5 switch has not been returned to neutral.

Also I know there is not much room in these tanks but placing the receiver and RC5HL so close to the running smoke motor and when you put the hull on both are directly below the turret motor is a possibly not the best place for the receiver/RC5HL.

Also (pt2) I have not used that particular receiver with the RC5HL and Taranis/FRSKY modules. It may be possible that that receiver may not even like talking to the RC5HL. I know the X8R does and the D8R-II Plus do and I use the X8R almost exclusively now.

SO you could be doing EVERYTHING right but the receiver and RC5HL just don't like each other.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:05 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I'm using a D8R-XP receiver so I'll try it with a different one ASAP.

I'll shoot a better video showing everything ASAP.

Ch5 is being returned to neutral after startup every time.

Thanks again for your insights and assistance. We'll get this going eventually!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:15 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Here's a new video showing what I hope is all you need to diagnose things...

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL