[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Hi there - tank noob here... I need help!
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL

Post subject: Re: Hi there - tank noob here... I need help!
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok - I see a number of issues

First up CH3 is not in neutral at startup. it is at -100% It needs to go to neutral at startup and remain there.

Second your radio is positioned right next to your tank - the radio should be at least 3 feet away from the receiver. If you watch some of my vids having the radio so close to the receiver you hear the "telemetry lost" voice warnings

Third - you are quite right in your saying that things are getting better as you go along. This is because the newer the motors the higher the amount of electromagnetic interference they produce - as motors run in the tend to produce less EMI. Also why things are running better with the turret off. Your RC5HL looks like it is positioned right under your turret motor. There are a few posts on this forum showing how to reduce the noise from your motors and lots of info on the web about this as it is a common issue. The turret motor can be a big issue and I recommend a 0.1uf cap across the terminals and 2 more 0.1 uf caps - one from each terminal to the motor case.

Forth - Also what is important to remember is that ultimately your RX18 is still in control of the motors - the RC5HL can not make the RX18 perform any better that what it is capable of. All the RC5HL does is translate your radio signals into a signal stream the RX18 is expecting to see from its factory receiver board.

The RC5HL will "hiccup" whenever the is a "hiccup" in the radio signal stream. Reducing the possibility of interference to this stream will improve things. Move radio away, run in motors, add extra caps to the motors, reposition the RC5HL. And sort out CH3.

At the end if the day if you can't get it working how you would like then you can always return for a refund. Which having a look at your other videos I kinda suggest that you do. Why with all your digital audio skills are you going for the RC5HL???

The Asp is really something that would be up your alley. I feel you would have no problems getting your head around making up sound sets for Asp. Maybe you want your tanks to be a break away from the studio but if you think you'd be interested in creating your own sound sets please let me know.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:25 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok, I will try it with Ch3 set properly. I will also reposition the RC5HL. As to wiring in caps for the motors, can you provide more detail on how to do that? Perhaps a schematic? If it's available in another thread I'll try and find it.

As to returning the RC5HL and getting into the ASP, I'd do that immediately but the site says they're all sold out. If you have one to sell let me know and I'll PayPal you for it right away and return the RC5HL. I didn't see the ASP when I first went to your site, I would have done that first!

Lastly, I would definitely be into making my own sound sets and have actually been working up some Arduino sound systems for my planes. The concept would easily transfer to tanks but it seems like it would be a lot easier with your ASP.

The bottom line is that yes, RC tanks, planes, copters, cars... etc, they are all a respite from the studio and concert touring so I just want to be able to run the Tiger around and scare people. And maybe shoot the lazier crew members with airsoft pellets ;P

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The topic below shows the wiring of the 3 caps. 1 across the terminals and then from each terminal to the can.
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=811

For background this is my favourite reference page
http://www.stefanv.com/rcstuff/qf200005.html

Don't worry about returning the RC5HL - you do have it going and it is going to be at least 4 weeks before new Asp arrive - What we can do is I'll credit you with the RC5HL cost against an Asp. It is another option anyway.

Even without an Asp you'd have all the requirements to start making sound sets. Hopefully in the every near future I'll be posting a list of the sounds, what they do and suggested volume levels, lengths,....

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:21 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Thank you again for all your help and this new info. I will put it all to good use.

As to the RC5HL I appreciate it very much that you'll apply that cost towards an ASP so as soon as you're restocked with those I'll get one.

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL