[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Changed exterior of mine HL transmitter
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL

Post subject: Changed exterior of mine HL transmitter
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 pm 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

So, as most of you, I too was bored with that stupid brick like HL transmitters.
I took some RC plane transmitter, since they are more anatomical correct and they sure do look better, and started change.

But from the beginning problem poped up; HL transmitters eletrical board is too big/long. To remedy this I needed to chop it in two pieces so that it can fit. Fortunately board has two parts; one for commands/switches and second one (smaller one) for antenna eletronics. Now, I am talking about one piece board, but it is devided in two eletrical circuits. They are connected with two-three wires so that wont be a problem to reconnect.
(I don´t have circuit board with me to take a photo of it, since this one is cut in half, and one of Bergetiger is flipped and hot glued)

Also, reconnecting that A-B-C switch was a challange, but as you´ll see it was worth it.

P8020468.JPG
Compared to standard HL transmitter.

P8020469.JPG
Battery pack is on bottom.

P8020470.JPG
Red arrow shows three micro switches for programing tank.

P8020471.JPG
Red arrow is for A-B-C switch.

P8020474.JPG
Red arrow is for switch part of board, and blue is for antenna part.
I used small copper wires coated with lacquer for isolation, thus minimizing resistance.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Changed exterior of mine HL transmitter
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:59 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

So, how to chop things up:
P8130532.JPG

first, cut where red line is on transmitter (A-B-C one, not crystal one)
2.jpg

then solder all things as shown, use low resistance cables
22.jpg

Now, this was without reducing antenna eletrical part of mother board. This is how you can reduce it:
222.jpg

This is of course not easy, but it is worth a try.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Why?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:20 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Well firstly, because you can´t buy this one off the shelf, and secondly, it´s a very good test for your soldering skills, and if anything goes bad; you can always buy new one off the shelf... :secret:

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL