[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:21 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI TeckP.

The LED should be on. It turns and stays on as long as there is a valid signal being received from the receiver.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey All

It's probably about time to make a more 'official' announcement on the developments that have been going on with the RC2HL unit. The most significant development is that the new RC2HL V3 boards are now compatible with the Turnigy 9X8Cv2 receivers. The previous incompatibility problem was not the fault of the RC2HL but rather with the Turnigy receiver.

The 9X8Cv2 receivers do not transmit the channel information/signal in the correct order. Rather the 8 channel receivers transmit in the following order

CH1
CH3
CH2
CH4

The timing of channel 2 and 3 is reversed (credit to ancvi_piii), actually all of this is of credit to ancvi_piii. Hence a few little additions/changes have been made to the RC2HL board to allow for operation with the 8 channel receiver. The first is the addtion of a jumper next to the RX18 input plug. This jumper must be closed if using the 8 channel receiver and open for use with the 6 channel HKT6A receiver. Secondly, the cabling is different. Channel 2 from the receiver must be plugged into IN3 on the RC2HL and Channel 3 into IN2.

In addtion to this 'fix' the RC2HL now offers two addtional 'switching' functions throught the ports S1 and S2. S1 can be used to operate a relay and hence switch on/off the headlights or smoke unit or anything else. S2 is configured as an automatic reverse light.

Instructional Videos are on the RCTA Youtube Channel

RC2HL V3 Basic Install

RC2HL V3 Extra Functions

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:26 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

That is awesome news! Might have to invest in one of these so I can get some tank action.

Cheers,
Jason

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:23 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:20 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hello, I would like to upgrade me Heng long King Tiger Porsche Turret Metal Upgrade to 2.4ghz. As I am new to RC Tanks can some one please point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Chris.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Chris,

If you are wanting to upgrade to 2.4gHz operation make sure that you upgrade to a proper Hobby Grade 2.4 gHz system. Do not be fooled by the offerings by Taigen or Heng Long. They may operate on 2.4 gHz but the Taigen system at least does NOT conform to the usual standards. This means that you will not be able to take advantage of the squillions of products out there designed for the R/C hobby.

The first place to start is with a good radio and in my opinion there is nothing better for tanks than a Turnigy 9X running custom firmware. I am certainly biased here but there is nothing better for the money than a 9X or 9XR running tankER9X.

What is so good about tankER9X:
-Allows you to assign the wide variety of switches, pots, & sticks to anything you desire allowing for great control options for your tank
-Has a number of templates to allow for easy setup of tank control boards
- the latest release of tankER9X replaces all the confusing plane terms with tanks ones for ease of use

RUD (Rudder) is STR (Steering) in tankER9X
THR (Throttle) is MTR (Motors) in tankER9X (some versions may have this as ACC for acceleration)
ELE (Elevator) is GUN (Gun control) in tankER9X
AIL (Aileron) is TUR (Turret control) in tankER9X

- adding to all of this you get PC connectivity via a separate USB programmer.

Here is a little video showing how quick and easy the conversion can be using the 9X and our RC5HL control board

Tank ready 9X or 9XR radios can be bought from the RCTA webshop

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/index. ... ucts_id=25

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=223

Once you have a good radio you can then choose form a variety of tank control boards. Our RC5HL is probably the cheapest option as it makes use of your existing RX18. However there are a wide variety of options out there depending on the depth of your wallet and skills as a modeller.

Cheers
Kevin G

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:48 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin, Thanks for replying. And upgrade to 2.4 ghz as you have given me some good info.
Thanks again,
Chris.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:58 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok Kevin. What do i need to make my tank 2.4ghz ready.
Can you please list all the parts that i would need and i will get them ordered. If their is anything else i need can you also list them as well.
Thanks Kevin,
Regards,
Chris.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:02 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

HI Kevin, I am going to order the,
Turnigy 9x upgraded radio
RC5HL
Turnigy 2650 Reciever pack
Do i need the self centering lever.
Could you also please advise me of anything else that i might need and i will put my order in,
Thanks Kevin,
Regards,
Chris

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Chris

No you do not need to order the lever when you buy the radio. It is installed as part of the upgrade on both the 9X and 9XR.

If you are comfortable with computers then the USB programmer would be worth a look. TankER9X has been upgraded from the Bastille version and the new version is going out on new radios. There has been a bit of activity with ER9X so there is likely to be a few more enhancements between now and the end of the year.

If you want to use the RC5HL functions to switch headlight or Machine Guns or whatever then maybe the relay unit?

Cheers
Kevin G

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL