[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Ian

To your first question - You will need to buy the programming cable for the HK-T6A radio and then program in a new stick mode. It is Mode 2 in the case for the HK-T6A. The programming cable will also allow you to:
Trigger Machine gun from left switch
Trigger Cannon from right switch
Use a Pot to control the volume
and
Set maximum speed for your tank.

Not only do I sell the HK-T6A with all this already done I also make spare self-centering levers so that both sticks are self centering. I will post the screen shots for programming your HK-T6A next.

RE: your second question. The VR on board is LM2904T which has a maximum input voltage of 26 volts. So you should be ok as far as the RC2HL is concerned. The FETS on your RX18 are another matter.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:57 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

PROGRAM SETTINGS FOR HK-T6A V2

PART 1

The make the most out of your HK-T6A Radio and RC2HL you will need to get a programming cable and set as follows:

EndPoint.jpg
Start with these setting and after you get everything working you can lower the limits for the throttle to limit your tanks top speed.
Reverse.jpg
SubTrim.jpg
StickSelect.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:59 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,

As far as I know the 4 channel transmitter isn't programable. And after the afternoon using it, it isn't that too difficult to control with it on the left stick, just find the turret turning and not the tank :?

Regarding the RX18 and 9.6v battery pack, I've been running one of my Tigers for last six months and apart from the high voltage flash having a louder than normal squeel all is good. If it wasn't for the fact a spent a load of money on high capacity LiPo batteries I would consider running 8.4v or 9.6v packs in all my tanks for the extra performance and run time.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:00 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

PART 2

Type.jpg
Mix1.jpg
Mix2.jpg
Mix3.jpg
IMPORTANT: Note the 50% value here...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

PART 3

SwitchA.jpg
SwitchB2.jpg
VR.jpg
VR settings are the same for both.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

LOL I think next time I just buy a preconfigured control from your shop.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:47 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I've been runnning the RC2HL adaptor for a few days now and one problem seems to keep happening. Basically if the tank is in motion and I fire the main gun the whole thing just stops responding and requires a switch off and back on.

Now I've had similar problems before (with HL controller) where if you fire whilst travelling the tank momentum and recoil must overload the RX18 and it goes into standby mode. But when it happens with the RC2HL the RX18 stay's up and running so all I can put it down to is either a voltage spike or drop which effects the RC2HL and or the HK receiver.

Apart from that small issue very happy with the adaptor, now just need a return lever for the throttle stick and to try it out at a tank meet with loads of tanks.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:48 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Ian

Do you have a Pothead attached to the system? If so take it out. If I did send you a PotHead it was version 1 with the AD digital pot. The exact problem you describe occurs if you have a PotHead 1 attached.

You are quite right - it is a voltage supply problem when all the electrics associated with firing the gun come into effect. However, it should not occur and typically doesn't. You may be able to get away by adding some capacitors in the form of a 'Voltage protector'. Or get this baby from HK:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 3sec_.html
Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,

No PotHead attached just the RC2HL and the HK receiver.

Thinking about it on both tanks I was running I was using NiCd batteries which where probably getting on for discharged so maybe it was that and a higher than normal sensitive RC2HL. I normally run LiPo batteries because they don’t tend to have a voltage drop so will have a go with them and see if it cures it, if not will look into the capacitor option.

Which would be better capacitor on the RC2HL lead or on the receiver?

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:24 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Done some more testing.

Tried my heavy KV1 tank with a LiPo battery and couldn't cause the same issue. But in my plastic Pershing with only upgraded motors and fully changed NiCd battery still got the loss of control.

So looks like a voltage issue after all.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL