[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:35 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Ian

Thanks for the update. To help with this issue I have one some current and future models increased the capacitor size on the RC2HL.

I hope when you say fully charged NiCad it is not a yellow HL battery you are reffering to. Those HL battery are very very poor quality. Will work ok for the RX18 but simply not stable enough in supply for other electrics.

Hey I forgot to ask are you using the 4 channel HK receiver or the 6 channel one? Also you would of seen the new Flash board for the LED cannon flash. Are you still needing such a beast?

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:38 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Forgot Part 2:

The HobbyKing Battery protector thingies plugs into the battery port or any spare channel port on your receiver

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:44 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,

Yes I was referring to a yellow HL battery. Fair comment about them be poor quality, but people will still use them so beefing up the capacitor on next batch of RC2HL can only help people having problems and blaming your kit.

Is there a particular size of capacity/voltage regulator I need? Just that one you linked as vey high compared to what I can purchase locally. i.e. this one

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:06 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Ian

The one I suggested will give you 3 odd seconds of battery back up. Hence the extra few $$ more. YThe biog one is 783333uF. The smallest one which you have an eBay link for would be pushing the give 0.5 of a sec and is only 3300uF I used the little eBay one and it only provided minimal improvement.

It is a big surge we are taking about - both motors to full from at best a dead stop plus all the gun/recoil and sound.

Really it is a very simple design positive of receiver wire to positive of cap neg to neg. You could make your own for next to nothing just find a capacitor with the highest capacitance you can that is at least rated for 10volts
Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hello all from California,

I've installed the MAKO and ATRC on my Stug III a few weeks ago. The battery I was testing with is an aftermarket (Dyna-Fun) 2400 mAh NiCd. I seem to be having similair symptons to described above where the tank goes to standby mode. Is that possible with the MAKO and the ATRC?
Best Regards
Frank

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:31 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Frank

It is highly unlikely that the your MAKO would be causing drop outs. The issue that we are talking about here is the signal between the receiver board and the RX18. The MAKO is not involved in that part of the circuit. Still you can easily check by simply removing the MAKO connection from the RX18. The Atrc will still allow the motors to be powered. If you have the same problems with the MAKO not connected to the RX18 then you will know the issue is elsewhere.

I suspect again that you will have a bad battery. All battery brands can have issues. I've certainly thrown away my fair share of Non-HL batteries.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:06 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey All,
SInce there is no better place for this info I'll put it here for now. Curtis from Immortal Hobbies has done a few more compatibility checks with the RC2HL and reports that the boards are fine with the FR Sky TF seies of receivers. More info as it comes to hand...

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Turnigy AKA Hobby King have released a new range of budget 2.4 gHZ radios. Piggybacking on the popular 9X name ther is now the Turnigy 4X, 6X and 6XS. A demo 6X arived today and I can report that these radios and receivers are compatible with the RC2HL.

turnigy_6x.jpg

Setup is as expected odd as you need to select Mode 2 for proper Mode 1 operation. I suspect that someone got things back to front in the factory.

However, I'm not sure that I can really recommend these radios for tank use because of the way the self centering system is setup. If you don't require both levers to be self-centering then you should have no problems. But making both levers self-centering requires a bit more modification than on the 9X or the HK T6A.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 pm 
Panther Commander
Panther Commander

Good News

Taigen Tiger 1, Panzer III
Torro T35/85.* WSM T35/85
Hooban Elefant
Mattarro Jagdtiger
HL 1/30 M4 & M26
VS King Tiger, Leo

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:19 am 
Panther Commander
Panther Commander

Keeping this post near the top.

Taigen Tiger 1, Panzer III
Torro T35/85.* WSM T35/85
Hooban Elefant
Mattarro Jagdtiger
HL 1/30 M4 & M26
VS King Tiger, Leo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL