[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:54 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Thanks! :D

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:51 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi there folks being a bit of a newbie i was wondering if you could enlighten me. Once i install and bind the the controller. How do I turn the tank on and what are the controls with no gun buttons how will I fire?

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:36 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

UPDATE - 03/MAY/12

The RCtoHL is back in stock in the shop

Only a few units so be quick.

@ dotu2

The RC2HL can be a bit picky about what receivers you are using. Please use only a receiver that has been tested and known to work. The Spektrum DX6i or DX5e with the AR62XX series receivers or the HobbyKing Orange receivers work well. As do the Turnigy 9X and HK-T6A V2 radios but ONLY with the lastest HK-T6A receivers. How you control the tank really depends on the capability of your radio and your radio programming skills. For most people all of the functions are controlled by the two sticks. Controls are the same as for your regular Heng Long, left stick up fires the cannon, left stick down fires the machine gun. The main difference is to turn the tank on you simply move the left stick to the botom left or bottom right corner depending on your setup. Below is the example for a Spektrum radio.

Stick RCtoHL(Fut)-DX6i-1.jpg

If your radio has comprehensive mixing functions and lots of switches and knobs like the 9X running custom firmware you can assign any of these function to any switch you want.

There is the original user guide available. However, I am in the process of writing an updated manual in English for the units.

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:01 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

MAY 19 UPDATE:

Just a quick update to say that the Eurgle version of the HK-T6A V2 receiver, the Turborix receiver has been tested and found to be compatible with both the Turnigy 9X and the RCtoHL

turborixrec.jpg

The Turborix receiver is therefore a perfect alternative for the HK-T6A receiver if stocks of the T6A are low. All settings for the Turborix are identical to the T6A.

Cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:35 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I might be missing the obvious but I still cannot get my RC2HL to work correctly with a Planet T7 transmitter and either R7M or R6M receiver.

Now if I connect up as above as shown for the Sprektrum DX6i I get control on left thumb stick but nothing on the right stick and the left track just goes like mad no matter what I did control wise. But if I switch throttle to channel 1 on RC2HL and aileron to channel 2 it all works fine, well apart from the Aileron controlls forward/backwards and throttle the steering.

Any ideas?

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:38 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Ian

No matter how hard you try some receiver/radio combinations simply will not work with the current version of the RC2HL.

You will need to give up on the Planet.

The software programmer is currently working on an update with adjusted timing settings. When the update is ready I will let you know. It will then be a simple matter of taking the old chip out and putting the new one in.

Till then anyone wanting the RC2HL should only get one if they plan to use the unit with one of the recommended radio/receicver setups.

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:49 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Kevin, at least I wasn't missing anything obvious then.

I'm considering switching the throttle & aileron controls at the controller which should get it all working even though cheating a bit. Just waiting on the manufacturer to get back to me to see if this is possible using the dip switches on the controller PCB (one switches modes, but manual just says don't change the others!). Failing that I can switch the potentiolometer leads but will need some wiring extensions to reach.

I keep you all posted on the progress.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:09 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hobby King HK6DF

HK6DF.jpg

The latest radio tested with the RCtoHL is the Hobby King HK6DF. This radio has been tested by both myself and Ger Hanssen with mixed results. I have tested a radio/receiver bought from HK over 6 months ago and was not able to get the system working. However, Ger was able to test the system and found that the HK60F did work with the RC2HL. HIs stick diagrams and setup is shown below:

RC2HL_HK60F.jpg

We are in the process of seeing if like the HK-T6A V2 receiver there are 2 versions of the HK6DF receiver. Hopefully the situation will be similar to that of the HK-T6A with older receivers being incompatible whilst the newer versions are in fact compatible.

Will keep everyone posted.

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Got my RC2HL working :D

Managed to get a HobbyKing HK T4A V2 transmitter and HK TR6A V2 receiver cheap off ebay.

Setup

RC2HL channel 1 to receiver channel 1
RC2HL channel 2 to receiver channel 2
RC2HL channel 3 to receiver channel 3
RC2HL channel 4 to receiver channel 4

Controller
Throttle & Elevon - Normal
Rudder Aileron - Reverse

Only problem is controller is mode 1 but above setup left stick works as throttle and I need a spring return for the right stick. I couldn't find a wiring combination which had the throttle on the right stick.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:43 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Kevin,

I know the RC2HL has a voltage regulator on it, but would it still be ok with a 9.6v 8 cell power source?

Just that I run one tank with a 9.6v battery, so don't want to blow the RC2HL trying it.

Cheers

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL