[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2.4 gHz Adapter for Heng Long Tanks - RC2HL
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:25 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra

The programming is all done by Helge. The original design and program was written a few years ago now. There were few if any Turnigys available in Europe back then and still they are not that common from what I hear.

I don't think that the problem is with the RCtoHL per se. It works with brands like Spektrum, Futaba, Jamara,... It has problems with HobbyKing radios. If there is any variation from a standard I would think that it is with the HobbyKing radios.

I suspect that it will be a fairly simple software fix given that Channel 4 works fine. However, the Turnigy's are here and Helge is there so it will be a bit difficult for Helge to check the changes. This is assuming that Helge will be interested in editing the program. After all the board is popular in Europe and works with the established brands of radio.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well Lads - Don't listen to a thing I say :censored:

Apparently the Turnigy 9X (with the ER9X firmware) and the HobbyKing HK-T6A v2 has been found to work with the RCtoHL. There is a list of radios users in Germany have reported as working with the RC2HL

http://www.heng-long-panzerforum.com/in ... eadID=8516

The 9X is reported working by Robert and I'm pretty sure I know which Robert. I've sent him an email and will post any results.

Now back to eating Easter eggs.....

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks for the info Kevin
good to hear the problem might be solved :D :D

don't worry we will still listen to you mate ;)

cheers
gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

RC2HL Update - 10-April-2012

Hey All

Good News - I have sorted out the HobbyKing HK-T6A V2 radio. The radio needs to be edited using your PC via the USB programming cable. Simple procedure. I have also made some self-centring levers for this radio like those available for the 9X.

This is great news as I have acheived a long term goal of mine. This goal was to have a 2.4 gHz, Tamiya battle ability upgrade for Heng Long tanks at a cost of less than $100 (including radio).

Now on to the 9X......

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:08 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi Kev,

What can i say mate? This just gets better and better :) Your an absolute diamond buddy, and i think i can say a big thank you from everybody. your efforts are greatly appreciated, especially for those on a budget, making our hobby affordable to everyone.

Cheers,

Ace

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yep well said ace
Great stuff Kevin :D :D
Glad the dream has come alive

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:44 pm 
Panther Commander
Panther Commander

Hi Kevin,

Tried the Eurgle & Spektrum DX6 without any luck, ordered a "HobbyKing HK-T6A v2" tonight from their NSW warehouse $38.00 inc post.
In stock so should have it early next week.

Graham

Taigen Tiger 1, Panzer III
Torro T35/85.* WSM T35/85
Hooban Elefant
Mattarro Jagdtiger
HL 1/30 M4 & M26
VS King Tiger, Leo

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Graham

The Spektrum DX6 is one of the standard radios using the RC2HL. That one should work once you have the channels sorted. If you want to drop it off one morning I'd be happy to have a look at it.

The 9X I can't get working either so no surprise about the Eurgle.

The HK-T6A needs some programming changes. (I have the USB cable and software installed). This radio works well. You can use a PotHead on the CH6 pot to control your tank volume. One of the switches can be set to trigger the machine gun so it 'almost' does everything that your 9X can do.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:26 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Update: 12-04-12
Turnigy 9x issue is fixed. I feel like an idiot that I didn't try this earlier. The RC2HL works well with the HK-T6A radio and the receiver of the same name. This receiver ALSO binds to the Turnigy 9X. So instead of using the usual 8 channel receiver I bound the 6 channel HK-T6A receiver to the 9X and guess what? Worked perfectly straight away :D

So if there is an issue it is with the receiver and NOT the 9X. Hence, I can now recommend these radios:

HK-T6A V2 with the 6 channel HK-T6A V2 receiver
AND
Turnigy 9X using the HK-T6A V2 receiver

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:04 pm 
Panther Commander
Panther Commander

Hi Kevin,
I just found I had 2 X HK TR6A V2 (Packet marked T6A-V2)
What changes are required in the 9X and what is the best profile to use.

Cheers
Graham

First try, both tracks run full speed no change with stick up or down.
Move stick to left, left track only, move stick to right, right track only.???????????????

Do you have any plugs for charging TX battery???

Taigen Tiger 1, Panzer III
Torro T35/85.* WSM T35/85
Hooban Elefant
Mattarro Jagdtiger
HL 1/30 M4 & M26
VS King Tiger, Leo

Last edited by slowstartgjh on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL