[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - can't setup rc2hl with dx6i
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL

Post subject: can't setup rc2hl with dx6i
 Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:48 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi there,

My name is Dirk and I live in Belgium. Lately I received my rc2hl witch i bought in the webshop. I tried to install the module and that is no problem, but I can't get it working with my Spektrum dx6i mode 2.
this is what is happening
I switch on the dx6i, I switch on the tank, the front lights are blinking, the receiver led gets on and the module led gets on, and then nothing happens. I can't switch the tank on. The front lights stays blinking. I have connection with the receiver. Who can help me? What settings are needed in my rx?

greets

Dirk

Post subject: Re: can't setup rc2hl with dx6i
 Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:42 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Dirk

These are the setting for a Mode 2 Spektrum...

RCtoHL(ver1.4) stick DX6i(mod-2).jpg

If using a 6 channel receiver with the newer RC2HLs you can remove the jumper that is above the RX18 input.

Check that the cables are connected correctly with the signal wire to the inside of the RC2HL board.

Turn radio on FIRST then the tank and wait until the LED on the RC2HL lights up before trying to turn on the tank.

Make sure that there are no mixes appiled and that each channel is outputting the full range of movement.

Good Luck...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:55 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

OK, I'll try the settings.

Dirk

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:30 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Phyrefish,

I tried everything you suggested, and I checked and rechecked, but nothing happens. Should it be possible that there was going something wrong with the programming of the chip? It is a V3.6 and is brand new. Do you know if the boards are tested?
There is absolutely no reaction of the tank at all. Only the led on the board is on. Do you know if there is a test procedure.
I just noticed that on the board it's written V3.5 but there is a sticker on the chip with the notice V3.6

Dirk

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi Dirk,

Would you by any chance be the Dirk that was/is associated with XSI?

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:05 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Dirk

Before any board is sent out I test it so that I know that the board is working before it goes out. To date only two boards of all that I have sent out have been DOA , one was my fault and the second was physically damaged in transit. Testing each board before shipment make trouble shooting for me a bit easier as I know that the board does work.

There will be a different board number to chip number so that is not a factor.

Has Ger gotten back to you with any additional settings?

If so and still no luck I will organise for you to get you an original V1.4 RC2HL via Ger so that you do not have any customs problems.

Will contact you on email shortly.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:36 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Phyrephish

I didn't know that you were the technician of rctanks. I do not doubt you professionalism, I am sorry if you think that,
Indeed Ger contacted me and I tried what he suggested, but nothing happens. It seems that there is no communication between the board and the multi function unit. When I switch off the dx6i the receiver's led gets of, so there is communication between the transmitter and the receiver. I mentioned Ger that I noticed that the receiver is a DSM and not a DSM2 receiver? Could that be cause problems? I hope my new receivers will come soon, than I'll trie it again.
for the time being I can't do anything more I presume.
Thank you for trying to help me and I'll keep you informed.

sincerely yours

Dirk Pira

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:38 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:11 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Dirk

Through Ger I found out that you are using the AR600X receiver. Somewhere along the line we stopped testing with this particular receiver and pretty much just started using the OrangeRX 6 channel receivers. At $5 compared to $45 it was a cheaper option - our bad. It looks like the V3.6 chips do have a problem with the AR600X the older V1.4 chips do not. If you replace the V3.6 chip with an older V1.4 then everything works. :oops:

I heard too that you had ordered an OrangeRX 6 channel. This I think will solve your issue in the best way. With the OrangeRX you wil be able to have all of the features associated with the new RC2HL V3.5 and above. If you were the replace the V3.6 chip with a V1.4 chip then you will not have all of the additional features of V3.5 and higher.

Ger is on standby with a V1.4 chip should you have any issues with the new OrangeRX. Also the settings above are the correct ones to use for the AR600X and the V1.4 chips.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

OK, thnx, I wait for the Orange stuff and try it again. I'll keep you informed.

cheers

Dirk

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL