[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - FlySky FS-T6 transmitter set up
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL

Post subject: FlySky FS-T6 transmitter set up
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:20 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi, think this is my first post on here so I hope someone can help me.
I bought two of the new Flysky T6 radios and recievers, and ordered and recieved the RC2HL unit.
I had a little problem in getting it going but solved that. the problems I have is.

1. upstick gun elevation is between centre (0) and 50% then %0% to 100% is firing (not good)
2. down stick fires the machine gun (this is where the elevation should be)
3. turret left and right is 0 and 50% of the stick travel.
4. the jerk back recoil is still present, I thought the RC2HL got rid on thing?????

I think the transmitter is mixing the inputs (as if it was a heli on left stick mixing(mode one)) but the setting is for a plane.
can the TX be reprogramed like the other TX's. so I can change the LCD logo and get programming desent control inputs.
I poss need a walk through guide on this TX. :?
Any help would be very much needed.

Post subject: Re: FlySky FS-T6 transmitter set up
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Mike

As yet I have not looked at the FS-T6 but it is from the same stable as the Turnigy 9X and the receiver in question is the ubiquitous HK-T6A V2. So unfortunately I can not provide a walk through.

In general with the RCXHL units.

To avoid any problems
Turn Radio on first
Make sure that the jumper settings are correct

receiver_jumper_settings.jpg

Make sure with your setup
CH1 into In1
CH2 into In2
CH3 into In3
CH4 into In4

Turn on your tank DO NOT attempt to turn on or move any sticks/pot UNTIL the LED on the RCXHL has turned on. At startup the RCXHL calibrates to your radios neutral settings you MUST have all you channels in neutral at start up or the unit will not calibrate correctly.

Startup requires 100% on both CH3 and CH4

Now given that you have managed to startup the RC2HL you seem to have most of it all sorted.

Looking at your issues specifically

1. & 2 Sounds like CH3 is not at neutral but at +50% since if you minus 50% from what you report all everything would be operating properly. You may have to look at the mixing as you said.

3. This is normal. It is because there is no proportionality on the RX18 as soon as the stick leaves centre the rotation motor turns on - there is no need for subsequent control, a range of -5 to +5 would provide the same result. The turret does not move any faster or any different if the stick was fully left as it would for a stick just slightly left. Now because of this on the RC2HL we can take advantage of this and use -100% and +100% to activate the 2 switches on board. So the turret only operates on -50 to +50 allowing -100 to activate SW1 and +100 to activate SW2. I realise that this has a weird control feel so (if you can program the radio) all you need to do is limit the response of the stick controlling CH4. On the 9X the stick is limited to about 50% BUT you then must setup switches to allow for 100% in order to start the tank. In short creative mixing on your radio will solve this.

4. No the RC2HL does not and can not stop the hull recoil. The linking of the gun fire and the hull recoil is inherent in the operation of the RX18. An ATRC, Dragon or MAKO2 would be needed for this.

As earlier I do not have nor have access to the FS-T6 but since it is in the Turnigy/Eurgle/FLySky family I'm positive there are no compatibility issues and that the thing with CH3 is a mixing/calibration issue. If you have a servo connect to CH4 to get it to centre then connect to ch3.

If it moves kill it - or if you don't feel like playing Arnie if it moves you'll know CH3 is not at centre.

Cheers
Kevin G

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:21 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the reply.
All the right stick functions are as they should be (backwards forwards, left and right) I understand about the turret speed I know it is not proportional, the thing is that if I move the left stick left or right 50% from centre the turret moves as should be, but over 50% nothing happens, I do understand about the switch operating from 50% to 100% but I do not need the switch opperation, if it oppertated from 0% to 95% this would possibly alot better, also I do not realy need the machine gun (left stick down).
would it be possible to reprogram the TX or the RC2HL so that it would operate like the original Heng Long TX.
left stick down and to the right to start it is ok.
I need to make this simple for a few other people to use, they use the heng Long set up allready.
I was staring to go mad sorting this out, I thought it could be the Heli mixing side of the TX.

Mike.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

HI Mike

I will try to post a video to show you that if you learn to program you radio that you will be able to move the left stick across its full travel without the turret stopping.

As for the "reprogramming" then you will also have to talk to the guys at Heng Long. Ever since it was first devised years ago by Helge in Germany the RC2HL has never operated the turret past 50% on the right side at least. Beyond that the signal is that region is required for switching and in Heng Longs case that is the ignition switch.

So if the switching functions were removed every time you pushed the turret stick over hard right your tank would turn off instead.

You can have your radio operate EXACTLY like the Heng Long controller you need to adjust your radio settings (if your radio will allow it of course).

Cheers
Kevin G

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:09 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi kevin, Thank you for you help on this, the video would help big time, I will wait with breath held.
Can you tell me if the RC5HL would be better for what i am trying to do?
pity I can't program one of the other toggles to switch on the tank, as i said I dont need the machine gun so that frees up another function.
I would seriously be interested in programming the TX for tanks (splash screen ect) some thing like ER6x, I dont seem to be able to find anything on the Flysky FS-T6, Flyskys web site is so slow and I cant seem to find any email address to ask them.

Thanks Kevin

Board index » Electronics » RC2HL