[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - TAIPAN
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Taipan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TAIPAN
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:57 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

This is great news! I'm really looking forward to the Taipan.
I am more than willing to help with testing.

Thomas

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

TAIPAN UPDATE

OK I've finally got round to a little video to show the progress of Taipan. Most important is for everyone to realise that the sound and volume heard here is just what is being used at the time for development. I have included the engine start and shutdown on the weapons chip simply for demo purposes.

May not look like much but 80% of the development is programming.

Info for the Testing Group

To be part of Taipan Testing you will need:

Turnigy 9x with tankER9X installed on the radio and with eePe on your computer
9X8C V2 - 8 channel receiver

Some electronic skills (testing release and intial releases WILL NOT BE 100% plug and play)

A large tank to put it in (Taipan will be big at the start and then shrink down - like the MAKO which is now 1/4 of the size of the original release)

The testing sound set will be that for a King Tiger

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:44 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

I would be happy to beta test phyre :)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

This looks like an interesting project. Well done Kevin on the progress so far!

What does it take to get on the testing panel? I have all mentioned equipment except the big tank as I only have a HL Tiger 1. I dabble in programming PIC's and circuit design as my job and am pretty handy when it comes to soldering boards up and troubleshooting.

Cheers,
Jason

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:38 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

@ Jason & Zak - would be good for as much local help as possible.

A Tiger would be fine to put the Taipan in. It probably will be a bit too much hassle trying to fit the development boards into a PzIII or IV.

Also I should mention that Taipan will NOT be supporting BB functions at all in the immediate future. Taipan is being designed with realism in mind and I'm sorry to say that oversized BB barrels do not fit into the Taipan Objective.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi I am watching this post with great interest ,Have seen some of your work here in the U.K. the Mamba board ,they work great (very cheap way to get guys into the hobby).
Have a question will these new boards operate at 12volts,and will they have the amps to turn a turret on a 1/6 scale Stuart.
Looking to upgrade a Stuart (project for this winter/spring)Need recoil for it as well .The project will be Two parts standard Stuart with upgrades,second part will be to scatch build a new upper to change it to a M4 High speed tractor,with the option of changing them.

regards pete

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Pete

Welcome aboard. Yes the Taipan is being developed with projects such as yours in mind. Taipan is a modular concept. There will be a central control unit which opertates at 5 volts along with all your other radio gear. There will be a voltage regulator on board to supply 5 volts for the Taipan and also for your radio receiver so you can use 7.2 - 12 volts for battery supply.

From the Taipan there will be esc or other outputs which you then connect to your drive modules or motor ESCs. You choose what ESC you want to suit your motors. SO you can drive motors from 1 amp to 100 amp.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:15 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Thank you for the reply ,sounds perfect for my project,if you can keep it to your target price or less I will be very interested in buying one ,At the Moment I had intended to Use a M4 SLU sound with Tamiya T01 ESC for the Drive motors Plus small 8amp ESCs for turret traverse and possibly elevation(depends on power required).
Have you a date set for issue.

regards pete

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

i've read the topic, and if I understood correctly, this will completely replace the RX18, it's not an addition, we will be able to plug our own ESC into it (that's what I understand from the brushed/brushless option) and use any radios....that's quite a good news! I was thinking about getting all the options from you guys (Mako etc...) but I guess my best option is to wait for this baby to come out!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Board index » Electronics » Taipan