[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - TAIPAN
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Taipan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TAIPAN
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:17 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Jessek

The board above will only take care of the driving of the tank, turret rotation and gun elevation. Both turret rotation and gun elevation are proportional and are set to control the existing small motors that do these functions. If you want to use servos for turret rotation, gun elevation or recoil then the 9X can be programmed to do this. So the servo functions are not required on the board.

There is an interface that would allow a modified MAKO2 to take care of flashing the LEDs for the flak

BUT NO SOUND board as yet.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:23 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Just for Jussek - a sneak peek at my sound board design. Andrew already has a working board of his own of which there is only one. Here is my design. As soon as there are a few more shop sales I'l be able to get some made up....

junov1.jpg

Brieifly. connect channels 1-5 from receiver to unit. This triggers the majority of the engine, turret and gun sounds, The 6th input (marked IN) is from the MAKO to trigger the IR hit sound and subsequest destroyed sound. The board also handles the lighting features. In the left botton corner are all the connections for the lighting.
HL= headlight - can turn on/off on channel 5
RL= reverse light - turns on automatically when the throtte channel goes into reverse
AL= aux light - turns on/off with channel 5
MG= machine gun
now of particular interest for you....
C1 & C2 = Cannon1 and cannon 2, for most tanks just Cannon1 will provide the cannon flash BUT if you have a flakpanzer C1 & C2 are programmed to sync together to simulate a flak system.

The big rectangular parts are the actual user changeable plug in sound modules. So in your case you get the PzIV engine sound module which plugs into the space on the left and get the Wirbelwind weapons sound module to plug into the right slot. In my case I get the Brummbar Weapons sound module for the right slot.

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 pm 
Willys MB Driver
Willys MB Driver

Hi Kevin,

Me lookin' closely at Taipan development as I've got MBTs to upnotch up to specs (360 T-traverse) and ready for IR battling .

I've got a Benedini TBS mini awaiting to be paired to and experimented with the Taipan. Any time frame as to the release ;) ;) ;) ?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 pm 
Willys MB Driver
Willys MB Driver

Hi Kevin,

Me lookin' closely at Taipan development as I've got MBTs to upnotch up to specs (360 T-traverse) and ready for IR battling .

I've got a Benedini TBS mini awaiting to be paired to and experimented with the Taipan. Any time frame as to the release ;) ;) ;) ?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:16 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Rey,
The latest boards are being made right now and should be here within 10 days. BUT as usual they will then need testing to make sure no mistakes have been made. If they are good they are then all going to "testers". Testers must obviously be RCTA forum members and have the following so that they can receive and install program updates:

Turnigy 9X/R with tankER9X and any ERX editing software installed and working on their computer
RCTA programming cable and a motor drive board

The sound boards are a lot closer to a general release. As stated above Andrew already has a working design and the board above simply conects to the receiver outs (like Benedini) and don't need Taipan for operation.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:00 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

hi Kevin

now it's rolling!

I've a question regarding the sound card... do you said that to change the sounds it has to be done swapping physical modules? :?:

would these modules be user customizable? the sounds in it, i mean...

best regards!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:20 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Jussek

The sounds can be changed either way - You can do it yourself via your computer OR by getting the separate modules. A lot of users either have no idea or no desire to make up their own sound sets so the modules will be available separately. As with most other sound modules a separate USB programmer will be required to edit the sound sets.

Cheers KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

aaah, ok, i see

i hope this usb cable would be an standard one, like the used on the Beier cards, with an USB mini connector to plug on the card, something like this:

or would it be 'propietary' like the benedini o elmod?

best regards

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:15 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The Taipan V1 boards are here so expect a real ramp up in Taipan development over the next few weeks...

These boards are ready for the development group. Cost to get a development board and all the bits is $60. To join you must have all the prereqs required and email me a eepe file of your current 9X setup.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

gehehe "tadaaa" :lol:

Again great video :!: :)

Garage:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Board index » Electronics » Taipan