[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - TAIPAN
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Taipan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TAIPAN
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:19 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Lookin good Phyrephish
Good video
The motors run well nice and slow, especially for the big heavy tanks
50 amps I will have to get an all metal tank now
Will it have a brake light, and the first production ones will still need the Mako?? As I understand it.

Keep up the good work

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:28 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra

At the moment the reverse light comes on with throttle below the mid-point so no it doesn't act like a proper brake light. Maybe a little later down the track but for now actual brake light function is not on the agenda. But there will be:
Headlight
AUX/Notek Light
Convoy light
and
Reverse light

Surely that is enough for now :)

All Taipans will require a MAKO for IR battle function. Guess I'm biased but the MAKO is without a doubt the most flexible IR battle option around. Only the best for the Taipan and the MAKO is the best.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Kevin
The Taipan is looking really good. I had a less than favourable experience with the Clark TK20 so I am looking forward to the Taipan coming on line.

cheers
adam

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I was just thinking, you have different size motor drivers, so do
you put the power in to the motor board, then use smaller wire
to the rest of the CPU. You could use 12 AWG to 18 AWG to the motor drivers then 22 AWG or 24 AWG for the rest.
Darryl Usher

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:19 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Darryl

Your idea is sort of right. Yes the battery will connect to the drive board with it's usual larger gauge wire. So too should you connect the motors with a larger gauge wire. The motor board connects to the control board and it is on the control board that the battery voltage is regulated to 5 v and 3.3 volt supplies. There will be no need for the end user to worry about wire gauge as this will all be taken care of. But as I said you are correct, 12 AWG for the battery supply and motors and the smaller 22 or 24 to everything else.

Cheer
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:24 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin any more updates ,have been waiting till the Chrismas holidays were over.

regards pete

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:43 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Pete

Most of the work over XMAS has gone into MAKO2 & RC2HL which do inturn feedback into Taipan. Also the new Turnigy 9XR has been released. The 9X or 9XR will be the radios recommended for Taipan. So I have been testing out the 9XR - making a self-centering lever kit for it. Also looking at mounting plates for REMORA or Video screens to attach to the old 9X.

Taipan is different to all existing tank control systems because it provides 2 way communications. So all of the advances made on MAKO2 - REMORA & LCD Diagnostics are Taipan updates.

Also I wanted to do a video of Taipan running inside a tank and realised that I don't have a nice show tank to put it in. Hopefully I can get this sorted and get a vid up soon.

Cheers
Keivn G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:28 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin
Any update on the Taipan?
i think the Brumbar 8-) 8-) would be a good tank for the video

cheers
gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:58 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra

I see I've got a PM from you as well to get on to.... Sorry for the delay. Anyhows below is what has gone off this week for production. It only contains the processing units for the motors. Andrew is working on the sound still.

TaipanV1.jpg

I guess if you want to use an existing sound module and not planning on IR battle then you could just go with this board and the motor driver board.

Looking at possibly powering the system with a 3 cell battery rather than 2 cell since with 12 volts to play with a significant audio amp could be included.

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:48 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

:loveit: :loveit:

hurry up Kevin!

i'm about to finish the hull modifications on the PZIV chasis for the wirbelwind!

i will start the turret and flakvierling works immediatly, but then i will need the electronic guts to test the flak 'progress' :mrgreen:

best regards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Board index » Electronics » Taipan