[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - TAIPAN
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Taipan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TAIPAN
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Great news ,hope the testing goes well for the Taipan .

Any idea when the sound card will be ready and the cost.

regards pete

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:11 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Taipan - Turret Rotation and Gun Elevation

A second follow up video for the Taipan demonstrating the turret and gun elevation control. Both motors are proportionaly controlled by the Taipan.

Also somewhat related to Taipan development here is a video of Andrew's prototype soundcard setup to work with the Taigen 2.4 gHz system

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:37 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

:loveit: :loveit:

i'm really excited about the taipan...

while i wait for the final release of this board, i will do some test with a relay in my test board, to prove or not, my idea of using the rx18 to have independent elevation and depression of the guns (blue wire is free, no canon in the wirbelwind), and the use of MG shoot to fire the flak.

best regards

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:38 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Kevin I posted the first video over on RC Tank Regiment forum (hope yo don't mind) as I know a few members there have shown an interest in the board.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:04 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin very inerested in both the Taipan and the sound card.I like the idea of being able to change the sounds.
I have a El-mod setup and love the sounds but the cost of buying isnt cheap.If it is possible to fit the sound card to any (hobby radio)tank ,is it also possible to use it for other types of model if so this will make it a great seller.Do you have a price for the sound card yet (ballpark)

regards pete

P.S. I am a moderator on Rctankregiment been keeping an eye on this since I found it hope things go well in testing.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:02 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Both of these developments look really good.

Keep up the good work, I'm sure you will sell loads when they are ready.

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:58 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

It seems to me that we are about one year late!
Christmas just what year.
Darryl Usher

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:31 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Guys Have you had feedback from testers,any problems? ,everything fine? ,hows it going ?

Wil you be going into prodution? hows the sound card going?

Just a few questions.

regards pete

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:36 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I would like to know with the new products your are making, what the purchasing list might be when finished to replace all electronics in a heng long tank, and what the price point would be?
meaning, the Taipan, mako2 and rc2hl and whatever else you may have planned. Are any of the current products going to be made obsolete by any of the new products? Thanks

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry Guys

Yeah an update is due
One at a time...

@ Darryl - well Taipan was running in my tanks at XMAS last year. Now it is running with sound and the Octopus model match. Only thing not added in as yet is the IR battle nor airsoft. But it cost money to make prototype units and of course time to program and develop. A massive amount of my time has been been chewed up this year on support for the RC2HL in particular. However it is a double edged sword as without the RC2HL sales there is no funds for Taipan development. But all good things come in time and Taipan now has even more features than what was on the board last Xmas.

@ 971wright - These last 2 weeks have been totally devoted to the sound card. Also remember that we have done the soundcard for the Taigen 2.4gHz boards. Those boards are in production and the first lot of PCBs from China will be here early next week. The Taipan sound board has all of the sounds that you can have with an EL Mod and then a few more. You will be able to load your own sounds or get individual sound modules which simply plug into the board. We are at a crossroads in development as to whether to make the board 'standalone' like a Benedini or only able to be used with Taipan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Board index » Electronics » Taipan