[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - TAIPAN
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Taipan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TAIPAN
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:52 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Super Great!!! :D
That's very very good news!

Thanks Kev.

Regards,
hajime

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The Taipan is really taking shape now Kevin 8-) 8-)
Sounds great, do the turret functions elevation and turn work with engine off.
This is what I've been waiting for a good sound and proportional control and hopefully at a reasonable price.
Will the unit fit in smaller tanks easily like the P III and watt is the ohms of the speaker

Keep up the great work Kevin

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

HI Gra

Yes EVERYTHING works with the engine off. It is just as you would expect turning the engine off for real. Tank won't move but you can rotate turret , elevate cannon, and fire guns. Simply restart the engine to start moving.

You can use 4 or 8 ohm speakers - I use the good old 8 ohm Visatons for all my work. I would show you the tank moving in full operation but those darn Mattoros have the back skirts that hit the tracks.

OF course the final release versions will be able to fit into Panzer II & IV - Think about it's ME - bar that Mattoro KT all I've got are IIIs and IVs :)

Cheers
KG

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,
I happen to have this idea, don't know if can be or not.

What if the Taipan has another switch besides from the engine start and shutdown switch.
What I mean is, There is a dedicated switch for the engine start. Which while the engine is running the tank can move. But there is a another switch maybe a two position switch which
acts like a automatic transmission lever.

Like in cars, you have R N D L. But in our case it's just N or D.

What I'm trying to say is, by this switch, the engine is running but we can make the tank
immovable but can rev up only the engine sounds without the tank moving. But when the switch
is pulled down, lets say pulled down the D position, the tank can move with proportional
engine sounds. Besides the 9XR has 9 channels on it.

Just want to rev up the engine and have more smoke coming out with the tank stationary.

Just like the real thing.

Cheers,
hajime

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

HI Hajime

I have been working with implementing an Engine rev sound. With the tank in neutral a quick push up of the throttle produced the rev sound but no movement. Not quite there yet :( I do like your idea though. However there are a few things to be aware of.

1. Since users can load their own sounds onto Taipan it may be a bit too much to add a revving engine set of sounds. There are close to 100 sounds there now and space for at least 50 more and that is just on 1 sound module. Taipan has 2 sound modules so that's 200 to 300 possible sounds to find edit and load up.

2. All the switches on the 9X are already assigned to functions. To do another switch would involve something 'tricky' like moving the 2 sticks to a certain position.

and

3. At present there is no additional support for a smoke unit. One can be put in of course but it will need control separate to Taipan.

CHeers
KG

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:38 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,

The smoke unit that I'm planning to use doesn't need the support of taipan nor connects to the
taipan board.

It only needs power to heat up the element. Therefore, it is connected directly to the main power switch. As for the air pump, planning on using a one inch speaker in a closed container
with breathing holes.

This speaker is connected to the engine sounds output. So before starting the engine, the smoke unit produces smoke inside the chamber. And when the engine starts you'll get big
puff of smoke. So when you rev up the smoke also revs up etc.....

What do you think?

cheers,
hajime

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:40 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,
Any news of the boards? When will I'll be getting one?

Regards,
hajime

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,

Any updates or dev news?

I hardly can't wait :(

Regs,
Hajime

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:51 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi,
Any news? Just anything?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey All

Patience please. At present I am throwing everything at Taipan to make sure that this doesn't happen to you.....

testfail.jpg

Was a rainy day here so unable to shoot some video of Bullet's ZTZ fitted with Taipan running 3 cell LiPos. So instead tested the limits of the turret chip and as you can see I think I found it :)

This one did catch on fire Kean and yeah it was in the ZTZ at the time. Good thing it was all encased.

Swapped the piece of toast for a new chip and all up and running again.

I know Taipan is HOT but doesn't need to be that hot....

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Electronics » Taipan