[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Turning trim
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Non RCTA Products

Post subject: Turning trim
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:08 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Got a elmod pro and every thing works fine, but steering trim.
When your running and move the trim nothing happens.
If you move trim before you start it will not start.
Any help?
Darryl Usher

Post subject: Re: Turning trim
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:15 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Darryl

Welcome to the forum.

Re: your problem I doubt that anyone will be able to help you unless you tell us what radio you are using.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

It is a 8 ch Airtronics with a XPS 2.4 conversion and a 6 ch XPS
RX. I fly my 3 aircraft and run 3 tamiya tank from the same
set up. It seems to me a trim is the same in all cases.
With the elmod set up every thing works, the tracks, the turret
, the IR, the cannon, but when you try to take out a slight turn with the trim nothing happens. When you apply full trim first and then throttle the drive motors will not start. Take out the trim and
they run.
Darryl Usher

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:01 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

8 ch Airtronics coveted to 2.4 with XPS and a 6 ch XPS RX.
I fly 3 airplanes and 3 Tamiya tanks and they all trim fine.
Darryl Usher

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:38 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I am not sure where my answers are going.
The radio is 8 ch Airtronics with 2.4 XPS conversion and 6 ch RX
also a XPS.
Darryl

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:02 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Darryl

Your answers are going into the Moderator Que since you are a new member. Your first 3 posts need to be vetted first before they appear on the forum. You have posted enough messages now to prove you are not a spambot and actually human so all of your future posts will appear right away.

Have you tried the advice given by Phil on RCGroups.com?

If it didn't help I'm not surprised. XPS is a custom system (of sorts) and hence may not be 100% compatible with other custom systems such as the El Mod. It will work with Tamiya as I'm sure that in development Tamiya would of been in the Test que.

It is quite possible that the EL Mod is looking for a different signal when you apply the trim to a moving tank. That the trim may be affecting the timing of the signal could account for the tank being unable to start when trim is applied at start up.

Remember the El Mod is German designed and hence a precision bit of electrics. If the EL Mod sees something it doesnt like it typically shuts down for protection.

My advice would be to get hold of a second radio setup (different brand) and see if you experience the same issues.

Cheers
Kevin Grannum

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:58 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I put my radio back on ch 24 used an old receiver and elmod did the same thing, no turn while move the trim lever going forward.
Will not start if trim is full over before you try to go forward.
Does anybody have a airplane radio and elmod? Does your work?
Darryl Usher

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:51 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Darryl

I have several El Mod Eco units all controlled by Turnigy 9X radios with tankER9X as the firmware and I do not experience the same issues.

Tank will turn according to movement of the trim while going forward and tank will also start if trim is set fully left or right.

I should not think that there would be a difference between the Eco and Pro in this regard.

Cheers
Kevin Grannum

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Thanks! Thomas at elmod keep saying I have drive trouble and that can't be if I am stopped.
Why do you think XPS is anything special, the servo ports must be the same to use servos? Transmission in old radios was serial and with 2.4 it is parallel but that all.
Thanks much
Darryl Usher

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:48 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Darryl

Yes you would think that all systems are equal but I myself have had a world of hurt with the RC2HL board. The thing is both the El Mod and the RC2HL board have micro controllers on board and the micros are fed the inputs from the receiver directly. If the program running on the micro cannot make sense of the signal the program will not run. The timing of the signal on your XPS receiver need only be a few milliseconds out of the range that the El Mod wants to see for it not to work. Servos are much much more forgiving and will work 99% of the time. If you do have comptibility issues surprise surprise it will be with Digital Servos.

Also you may need to know what your radio is transmitting PCM, PPM ,... Is the trim signal going out differently? Finally, I don't know anything about Airtronics but from this post:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone ... ility.html
It seems Airtronics haven't always followed things compatibility wise.

Sorry I can't help more but I'm sure that there is no problem with either your El Mod or Radio it is just a situation where they don't like talking to each other.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » Non RCTA Products