[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Original Hammerhead troubleshooting
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » HammerHead Battle Unit

Post subject: Original Hammerhead troubleshooting
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:19 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

or is it trouble shooting lol
So, I have my hammerhead (original) hooked up via the Mako, which is also original, when I move left stick up, I get flash (via relay mod) and sound and track recoil. However, when recording with my phone, I "see" no IR shot. What steps can I take to figure out what the problem is? Thanks
i have this mako setup

Post subject: Re: Original Hammerhead troubleshooting
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:17 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

nice pun...

Ok this is pretty easy.

Remove MAKO/hammerhead and confirm that your tanks IR system is actually functional with the factory components. If it is not then the fault is out side of the MAKO & Hammerhead. If it is all working fine then connect up Mako/Hammerhead.

First test is to connect up MAKO ONLY

Now first up is MAKO plugged in correctly?

1. Connection to RX18 on the left - output to the HENG LONG battle unit (mushroom) on the right??

if this is correct then

Does the IR system work (send and receive hits)?

if no then issue with MAKO

if yes then possible issue with Hammerhead
So to check connect up Hammerhead

Now does MAKO receive IR hits with Hammerhead connected??

if yes then everything should be correctly plugged in and is operating - the problem will be with the IR emitter or the connection to it. Replace the IR emitter

if NO then

Are the top and bottom half of Hammerhead connected the right way around?

if No then correct and try again.

if yes then double check the security of all the wires and connections

IF you still have no luck you can return either MAKO, or Hammerhead and we can check and if there is an issue repair and return. Although you would be more likely to get an updated MAKO2 in return.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:26 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Thanks for such a detailed response. I will try it this evening. Cheers

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:30 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I had a double problem. My Heng Long mushroom had a bad pin, seems I pushed it too hard once onto the hammerhead and one of the pins pushed up into the mushroom, breaking the circuit board trace, AND my rx-18 must be bad for IR, because I used the newest one I had from a Panther G and it worked great. Now, I need a 10uF cap for my older ATRC that has a 1uF ;)
Thanks

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:46 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yes the 10uF cap on an old ATRC out performs the Komodo+ if you don't need the flash

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:33 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hello!
I have a problem with my hammerhead.
I bought an ASP, and I connected everything.
Every function works fine, just the IR led doesn't shoot. I checked with my phone.
I checked all connection. The top and bottom half of Hammerhead connected the right way around, and red LEDs working, the recoil servo work, and play, the gun sound.

Any suggestions?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:38 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi , Were you using an original hammerhead with the JST-PH connections that you would have had to re-wire or are you using a Piranha with the right sized JST-PH connections?

If IR is not working only 2 possible causes:

1. IR emitter is blown

2. IR emitter not connected properly or cable is broken

To check by eye (better than phone) is simply connect instead a normal led with a 300R resistor inline or you could remove the bergepanzer jumper (you need extra resistance if using a normal LED other wise the LED will "blow")

If normal LED is visible - IR emitter is blown and you would have to replace it
If normal LED is not visible - problem with connection

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:09 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin,

I bought the hammerhead with the ASP.
It was JST-PH plug default.
I just plugged the connections as described, what could have happened? :(

I understand well?
If I remove the jumper, it not necessary the resistor?

If the IR emitter is fault, what type can I buy? Any important parameter?

Best regards,
Steve

ps: When will available the ASP /w Hammerhead again in the shop?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:08 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yes you should be able to connect a normal led to the IR connection IF you remove the Bergepanzer jumper. By removing the jumper the signal to the IR connection can only pass thru a 330R resistor and should be current limited enough to handle a normal LED.

I am currently on holidays in the USA and hence only shipping to the US with what stock I have with me.

Asp & Piranha are available now but won't be shipped til 20th Jan when I get back to Oz. I'll be putting them back as available in shop from about the 18th

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:28 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin,

I tested the Piranha. (I changed up the names)
I connected a normal LED inline, and it worked fine.
Can you give me some suggestion how can I swap the emitter? Which kind IR emitter is good?

Have a good holiday for you :)

Best regards,
Steve

Board index » Electronics » HammerHead Battle Unit