[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - ASP2 with Taranis Plus with 6 pos switch s3 in opentx 2.1.8
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » FrSky XJT

Post subject: ASP2 with Taranis Plus with 6 pos switch s3 in opentx 2.1.8
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:19 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

As the title says, I'm using Taranis Plus with opentx firmware 2.1.8, and I added the 6 pos switch s3 just like shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0EzeJsoNc

It took me a while but I just finished configuring my own model for ASP2 (for TigerI), and so far it seems all working great, exactly as expected, even the 6-pos switch. Once finalized all tests, I'll gladly post the eeprom file here if anyone wants to use it. It's configured for 7 channels, and geared for airsoft. However, I still have few questions for Kevin related to ASP2:

1) When I drive the tank, it responds immediately, no problems, but the drive sound seems delayed by about a second. So if it's idling and I get it to start moving, the moving sound doesn't kick in until a second after the tank already moves, when I speed up, the higher rev doesn't kick in until a second later, and so on... any idea what's going on? Is it because the sound is played back with delay from the CF cards? It just seems unnatural. Any idea if it could be fixed or improved?

2) Also related to above, on the CF card there are 17 speed files that are making the sound transition very gradually. But when I drive the tank, even when I gradually speed up, not only there's a delay in sound change as explained above, but it's not gradual, it seems jumping between slow and fast only.

3) On channel 7 you indicated Cannon 1 at 100% and Cannon 2 at 70%. When I shoot them, I can't hear any difference under the Tiger I sounds. It seems like the same shot and reload sound. I checked the sound files for shot sounds and on B I found files 025 and 026, and on A in folder 01 I found 010, but none of these seem like what's being played, because they don't have the reload shell sound that is there when I shoot cannon1 or 2. Can you explain which sounds are played exactly for each of them?

4) Somewhere in other communication (other thread somewhere or via email) you included info that ch5 at -70% plays user sound 110 on B. When I configured that, I found it's not a user sound but a reserved file (a click sound, like turning light on/off). So is it really supposed to be reserved and I should just eliminate it from my config, or is it a file I can replace with some other one?

So far I verified everything except smoke (didn't get the burn effect yet), IR related (don't need that), and gun recoil and shot. For now it's the stock wiring that came with this tank. I have the 8-pin connected and even connected the microswitch but airsoft didn't fire (switch under hatch on turret is ON) and there is no delay in shot sound. But I also haven't connected the Torro recoil controller yet (I covered that in another thread), so maybe the 2 are related on this tank, not sure yet.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post subject: Re: ASP2 with Taranis Plus with 6 pos switch s3 in opentx 2.
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:16 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Pete

Answers/Comments below...

1. Every tank and motor setup is going to be different. There is no feedback on motion to the controller so you must adjust the setting in your mix to suit each individual tank. You can adjust speed up, speed down, and your throttle response by either the EXPO settings or creating your own custom curve. This will sync movement with the associated sounds. A second is a very long time if it truly is a second then have you mixed up speed up and delay in the mix?. The only way to get a full second of delay is to have put such a long time into the delay setting for the mix. There is a gradual delay between the sounds because your are supposedly controlling a tank not a F1 but it is nowhere near a second.

2. Surely you have seen demo videos - if the sound is not like on the videos then it is not right. The only thing I can think of is that there is something screwy in your mix -again a delay setting.

3. There is no difference between the two sounds. When either Cannon1 or Cannon 2 is fired the firmware does a random selection between sound 25 or sound 26 on the B card and plays that. It would certainly be possible to add yet more sounds and have cannon2 play a different set of sounds. I can put it on a "wish list" for the next update.

4. OK if it is called reserved then that is simply a hold back from ASP1 where it may of been reserved for future use. It is now "in use" so keep it and change the sound if required.

5. If there is NO delay in shot sound then you have the tank in IR mode. Another way test this is at start up - if very soon after power up you get "Lets Go" in German then you are in Airsoft mode. If there is a delay and no voice command until AFTER the red light on the Juno board stops flashing then you are in IR mode. In Airsoft mode when you fire the status of the microswitch is checked if it is initially closed the program waits a bit before checking again. This is to avoid and mechanical issues with the switch. The fire action is held off UNTIL the microswitch closes. If after 1.5 secs (I think) and there is no signal from the microswitch the unit will fire anyway. (again avoiding mechanical problems with switch). So to check put into airsoft mode and disconnect the microsoft switch. When you fire there will be a very noticeable delay before the fire sound. Then connect the switch - the unit should fire quicker but only when the switch closes.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Kevin!

1) I'm almost positive I don't have any delays, unless I screwed something up. I had the drive/steering channels set to expo 60% initially and the effect was great in simulator, but really bad when I started driving, so I removed it. I'll send you the eeprom, you can load it in opentx companion 2.1.8 and see all settings. But if I had the delay there, wouldn't the delay equally affect motors and sound. I mean, I'm sending the signals from radio to receiver and motors react right away but sound doesn't. Isn't the same signal passed to asp relayed to motors and Juno at the same time? If so, adding or removing delay would equally offset both motors and sound so the sound would be equally delayed in relation to motors regardless what delay I add there, no?

2) I got to watch some of those again, I didn't really pay attention to that in the past.

3) Got it, thanks, so at this time there's no point using cannon2 because it's redundant to cannon1. Except when I shoot, at the end there's a sound of a falling she'll case and reloading. Files 25 and 26 on B don't have that sound. But I was looking at the Tiger I folder, maybe on my actual CF you somehow preloaded a slightly different sound.

4) ok, thanks.

5) Yeah, it was in IR mode (as explained in the recoil thread). So no problems with airsoft and shooting, all good except the recoil controller. Still need help with that if possible.

Thanks!

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:08 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Pete for 1 & 2 in the recoil thread I have a video of Asp2 in an IMEX tiger. It is how your tank should be operating - It has a factory recoil controller and no tweaks at all to the firmware.

For 3 yes with airsoft cannon 2 in not particularly relevant. It is only for switching between types of IR rounds in IR battle

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:18 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Got it, thanks!

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:18 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

3. There is no difference between the two sounds. When either Cannon1 or Cannon 2 is fired the firmware does a random selection between sound 25 or sound 26 on the B card and plays that. It would certainly be possible to add yet more sounds and have cannon2 play a different set of sounds. I can put it on a "wish list" for the next update

YES please. I really would like to have different sounds. With one for normal round and another different for the piercing round would be enough for me, but I would like to choose what I want to play.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:06 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I think I prefer it the way it is, where it randomly chooses the sound. In the tiger case right now it's a moot point because the sounds are so similar I can't make our the difference. But if sounds are changed, I think it's nice to get surprised every time you shoot.
Anyway, I removed cannon2 from my model configuration and did some other changes there last night. Once I test it again, I'll attach it here.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:32 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:08 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Again Rad if you want a specific sound then you make both files the same. So really there is no argument - you can both have it the way you want it.

In the next update I will make the Cannon 2 sounds different. Again like Cannon 1 I will have at least two sounds. Rad, just use the same sound in both spots and Pete you can use two different sounds.

So Rad you can have your cannon sound with voice for Cannon1 and sound with no voice for cannon 2.

Pete, you and I can have up to 4 different cannon sounds to surprise us when we fire :)

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:55 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ha ha, I was just saying I don't care, either way you do it is fine with me, whether it's random or selectable, but 4 surprising sounds is awesome. Maybe we can make one with the gunner cussing after the shot cause the empty shell fell on his foot when reloading... lol ;) - scheisse! Dumm shell! Warum konnten sie nicht montieren Griffe drauf! Or something like that... I don't speak German, so compliments of Google translator :)

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » FrSky XJT