[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - ASP2 with Taranis Plus with 6 pos switch s3 in opentx 2.1.8
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » FrSky XJT

Post subject: Re: ASP2 with Taranis Plus with 6 pos switch s3 in opentx 2.
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:22 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

So as promised, here's the eeprom for Taranis. It's named Tiger I because I made it for the tiger, but it can be used on any tank just the same.

Important notes:

1) Attached eeprom is for a specific platform (specs below). If your platform is slightly different, you may have to test/tweak everything yourself.

- Taranis Plus with the additional 6-pos s3 switch
- Opentx firmware 2.1.8
- 7 channels
- Airsoft tank
- ASP2

2) All configurations are for airsoft tank, which should work as well on IR, but I haven't tested the IR functionalities, and it's very possible some minor things IR related are missing from here.

3) Since this is for airsoft, I designed the cannon fire with a safety switch, so it takes 2 different switches to get the tank to fire.

4) Since cannon fire and machine gun fire is passed on the same channel, they could never be triggered simultaneously, and so the switch configuration ensures you cannot trigger both at the same time.

5) Acceleration and steering could be slightly improved by adding curves or expo values. I'll experiment with that later. But it works as it is, anyway.

6) Reverse light on/off is not configured, because I don't need that (at least for now). But you can easily add it in by following the logic for other switches. There's still plenty of unassigned switches in this model.

7) Main cannon2 was also removed, because in airsoft it doesn't apply. 2 sounds are played randomly when triggering cannon1. For IR, you can add it back. Or maybe I'll add it back in the future.

8) Sounds J (refer to the legend file) don't work correctly in airsoft mode (they supposedly work in IR mode). When you play the sound you just get a stutter as long as the switch is triggered. But I left it in because Kevin said he'll think about it and maybe will make it work in the future ASP2 firmware upgrade.

9) The attached legend spreadsheet contains all info you need to figure out what is what. I based it on all info provided by Kevin, and added more descriptions/names for better tracking.

a) Some acronyms:
- CF A - location on Compact Flash A only
- CF B - location on Compact Flash B only
- CF A&B - location on Compact Flash A and B, both.
- Hlth - tank undamaged in IR battle (always in airsoft mode)
- Dmgd - tank damaged in IR battle (never in airsoft mode)

b) All fields in green is the info entered into the model (plus some basic telemetry and failsafe settings).

c) S1 pot (not listed in this spreadsheet) controls volume of the taranis radio.

d) Column titled "switch assigned" shows the switch or combination of switches that trigger the associated function. Some examples how to read it:

- SG^ + S3p5 means switch SG up AND pot S3 position 5.
- SB- + SHv + SF^ means switch SB has to be in the middle AND SH down AND SF up.

10) Pot S3 triggers sound banks in all 6 positions, so it needs another switch (I used SG) to enable it, or you'd have something playing all the time (unless you make one of the positions on S3 unassigned). But I found if you leave SG enabled and just keep switching the S3 positions, it sometimes triggers wrong values. I think it's related to how the pot is built and operating inside when being switched, not sure. But if you trigger SG on and off every time after you change S3 position, it alwasy triggers the correct signal in that S3 position.

11) When you enable S3 sound banks by toggling SG up, the tank volume control on S2 will not respond. It's because all those signals are passed on the same channel, so if your SG is up, you're triggering one of the signals to play sounds, so S2 cannot send anything since your combo of SG and S3 are sending the signal. Simple solution, choose the sound bank you want, toggle SG up, then back. The sounds will start playing and the channel will no longer be busy since SG is no longer triggering the signal, so you can then adjust the volume with S2

HTH

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:34 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:38 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Just when I thought I had it finalized, I came up with another idea to optimize sound assignments, so individual sounds that were on S3 before are now on LS and RS, and S3 contains only 4 sound banks for now, each holding 4 sounds (so 16 total). If Kevin in his graciousness ever comes up with an idea to pass 1 or 2 sound banks more, I can assign them to the remaining 2 positions on the S3.
So I just updated the 2 attached files in the above post.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems » FrSky XJT