[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Momementum
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Momementum
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:01 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Is there any adjustment in ASP for size of tank and the momentum so that it is more of a coast to stop.

Post subject: Re: Momementum
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:05 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Now if I could only focus on spelling......

Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:08 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Kevin,

Would you change the title to general. I didn't know where to ask the question. I didn't fit with any of the other topics.

Thanks,
John

Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:50 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi John
Yes that is done/simulated on the radio using the slow up and slow down feature

Apply a bit more "slow down" on the throttle channel. You have a Taranis which has better control of this that a plain 9X.

However, I should point out that again as cost reduction measure for Asp the number of processor pins controlling the motors is at a minimum and it is not possible for the motors themselves to "freewheel". Freewheeling probably provides for a better effect you will just have to adjust your settings to your tank and taste.

For my Bulldog I have setting of 3.0 for Speed Up and 2.5 for Speed Down. That for me is a balance between momentum and control.

Automatic momentum is something though that has been purposely left out of Asp for a number of reasons.
1. Reduced cost
2. It can be simulated on the 9X series and Taranis anyway using the slow down function. Plus there is a huge range of values that are available.
3. It can also be simulated by driving /controlling your tank

and most importantly

4. Protection - sorry but I like to be able to instantly have my tanks do what I want them to do. I spend far too much time detailing my tanks to have them crashed into by out of control tanks (ie momentum). I hate having to glue parts back on because some nong has crashed into me or I have crashed into something because of "momentum". Hence if I want the tank to start slow I start the tank slow if I want to slow the tank down I slow the tank down rather than just let the stick go back to neutral. Being able to get out of the way or stop quickly to me is a must have in a Tank Club situation.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:15 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I totally agree. Momentum is an interesting effect, but there's no way I want to give up control like that. Maybe some kind of brake? I have one board that has a momentum feature but in an emergency you can blip the stick in the opposite direction and come to a dead stop, kind of like an emergency brake. Maybe someday when I learn enough about the radio I'll find a way to add that "emergency brake" but until then, thanks but no thanks on the momentum. :)

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board