[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Got Smoke?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Got Smoke?
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:59 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

One thing missing from Asp was prop control of a smoke unit. This was left off and only basic control implemented as the stock smoke units are noisy and not quite up to the task in my opinion. I've been waiting for a good smoke solution and I think the new Burn Effect Smoke Generator is on the way there.

Unfortunately, the stock control board supplied won't really do the job (after all it is meant for drift cars) so after a bit of tweaking of a Sirvoe board and the program running on Asp I think I've got a smoke solution that I would like to put into one of my tanks.

Check out the results below. Remember the engine rev sound is just that a rev of the engine in neutral. So you could just sit there revving your tank engine and looking like some Tanker Hoon :) Enjoy

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Got Smoke?
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Now that's what I call a smoke machine 8-) 8-)
Looks great Kevin.

What's the smoke coming out of the top of the unit for? Can that be stopped or piped back into the exhaust as well?

Is that the A7 sound set if so I luv it :D :D

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Last edited by Gra on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extra text

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:09 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Graham

Although there is no mention of the hole in the instruction sheet clearly it is a vent for the over pressurization of the fluid chamber. The design above is one I did in 2 minutes for the video only. As you can see below the output is severely restricted by my use of much thinner tubing and the length of the tubing.

2015-08-03 08.33.49.jpg

That smoke still comes out of the exhaust is wonder in itself. Yes, you could plug the hole, Yes, you could re route the vent output. However, best solution would be to use wider bore tubing and minimise distance between unit and exhaust out.

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:35 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Kevin,

What JST port did you use for the servoe?

Thanks,
John

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:11 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI John

There is no port :( Since this has come out after I designed Asp you need to make a mod. You get the control signal from where the white wire on your programmer plugs in for updates of the LED controller IC. You can then take the 5V+ and V0 from nearby pads.

I will make a video and a page with details soon.

That is pretty much the only spare processor pin left available on the main board. An actual port for this won't exist until a redesign of the board (ASP Mk2). Which won't be happening in the next 12 months.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:10 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hello:

This is my official post on this forum. Ive recently purchased an ASP and im anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. I also purchased a sirvoe board. Ultimately i wanted the asp so that i can use my hobbie remote on my new taigen tiger and not the crappy transmitter supplied. But, as i continued to watxh more footage on the asp board i found this amazing video of asp + sirvoe board + burn effect v3 unit producing some amazing smoke effects

So, with all that said im looking for some instruction on what to do to make this happen when my asp and sirvoe board areives. Where do i start, what do i need to mod if anything? Any help would be tremendously appreciated

Thanks again,

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:53 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:59 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Sounds like a plan with the manta board. If you have a paypal account ill send you the payment today. As i have hobbie grade tx and rx so sounds like i can do this myself:). Id send you a private message but I believe the forum board sees me as too new still (which I understand)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:06 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

shouldn't now as you have posted 3 messages

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:08 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board