[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Got Smoke?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Got Smoke?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:04 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Thanks again for all your help with this. When the manta lcd comes in ill tinker with changing that setting (hopefully i dont need too much help doing that). When that is complete can you walk me through what i need to mod after that to fit this into my taigen?

Also, dumb question, how do iget to the rev engine sound? I know its part of the sound bank but i cant ever get it to come up? I maybe missing something here

Thanks again,

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:01 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Received the Manta board yesterday and I believe I have my sirvoe configured for smoke unit. Removed the jumper as instructed as well from the sirvoe board after changing it to smoke unit.

So, where do i go from here in order to hook up my burn effect 3 to my asp and sirvoe boards?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:52 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Matthew, Unless you have programmed the Sirvoe yourself it will not be in smoke control mode. Unfortunately you have got me on my first holiday in 5 years. You will have to wait till I get back to Australia and can put some instructional videos online.

To program Sirvoe power up your radio and receiver. Leave the jumper on Sirvoe in place , connect the manta to the Sirvoe out (right side) black wire to bottom. With another servo cable connect Sirvoe input ( left side) to a channel on your receiver that is at 100 %. This put Sirvoe into program mode and you will see messages on the manta LCD. Return the channel to neutral and then push the stick or pot arond and you will see all of the options as you change the channel values. When you see smoke control stop and remove the jumper. The LCD will also guide you with instructions

Again this will sound hard unless you are very familiar with RC. A video will show how easy it actually is

Cheers kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:35 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

I think you misunderstood me. Ive already done all of that. It wasnt hard

Now that is done how do i hook up the rest to asp?

I can wait until you get back from vacation if it requires a video. Enjoy your bacation:)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:33 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hello:

Figured I would touch base. Not wanting to rush at all. Just curious if you've made it back home yet? If so, mind helping me out? Remember, I don't need help programming the sirvoe for the smoke unit (i've done that already). I just need some instructions on how to put it all together now (ASP, Burn Unit, and Sirvoe).

Thanks again!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:15 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Matthew

Yes I am finally back home. I'll just clear all the holiday snaps and video off the ipad and shoot some of those instructional vids as promised.

Glad to hear you got the sirvoe programmed.

You will need a Servo extension lead as you will have to hard wire this lead to the underside of Asp if you wish to be able to connect/disconnect sirvoe at will.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:33 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

How to wire up the Sirvoe unit to control the BurnEffects

This is really a very simple procedure and it will help greatly to understand what is going on. In a normal car installation the Burn effect uses the throttle channel signals to control smoke output. Since this won't work with tanks we send instead a modified throttle signal using Asp and a sirvoe unit.

Thus in reality all we need to do is swap around one single wire, the throttle signal wire. To make things easier it is probably best to also to have Asp/Sirvoe supply the 5V+ power supply.

Connection of the battery supply to the burn effects controller should be done completely separate to Asp.

Below are pics of where to take the modified throttle control signal from Asp to the sirvoe input. The two variants of Asp are shown. Connect the Sivoe output to the Burn effects unit.

ASP -> Sirvoe -> Burn Effects (control signal and 5V supply)
Battery -> Burn Effects (Battery voltage supply)

SmokeControlSirvoe_B.jpg

SmokeControlSirvoe_A.jpg

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:53 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Ok, let me see if i understand this. Also below i've taken a picture of the diagram from the burn effects unit.

The pictures you supplied are for two different versions of the ASP board, but both are representing how to solder up a lead that will connect to the input side of sirvoe?

Now, you mention that connection to the burn effect unit needs to be seperate? What exactly do you mean by that? Are you saying that I should supply a separate battery to run the burn effect? Or, do i somehow need to figure a way to supply voltage to the burn effect unit with the same battery running my tank (7.2 nhid)?

My attachment: I'm assuming that I connect the output sirvoe to the number 3 section (the connection typically designated for the receiver)? Or does that go to the connection 4 which typically goes to a speed controller. If i just simply connect to number 3, do i just completely ignore the speed controller connections? lastly, refering back to my question above; do i supply a seperate battery for the burn effect?

Thanks again for all your help,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:13 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:46 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Ok, i think ive about got. One last stupid question. You said that i supply power to either connection 1 or 2 directly to my existing battery. Currently the battery uses the standard connection with my taigen tank which leads to the power input on the asp board. Do i get a y connector or make my own that will allow me to connect both my asp and the burn effect to the same battery? I may not be thinking clearly at this point since it's nearly midnight lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board