[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - ASP turnigy mac ?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: ASP turnigy mac ?
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:06 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi Kevin,
I have got an ASP but am having trouble wiring it and programming my turnigy 9x.

First, i am not sure of the sequence for the wires ( red white yellow etc.) from the 7 channel receiver input to the turnigy receiver.

Second, the cannon flash/LED connection has 3 pins, but i only have 2 on my LED. What pins do i use ?

Third, and this is the difficult one, how can i program my turnigy 9x which doesn't use tanker erx but the pilot version. I have managed to manually program it to work with mako2 / rc5hl / rx18.
I know that you have a download file to install a program template into the turnigy however, as I am only on a mac based comp this file errors and is unusable.
Possibly an instruction manual ?

Hope you can help.
Cheers Afrikakorps

Post subject: Re: ASP turnigy mac ?
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:03 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey There

Ok if you flip Asp over you will see the labelling for the receiver. There are V0,V+CH1 and then nothing until CH7. Of course when you plug in the receiver cable the wires can only be ONE way.

There is also the new wiki site for reference. Sorry as the old Wiki was attacked by spambots and had to be disabled. The site is here:

http://rctanksaustralia.com/guides

Now as to the wires:

V0 - Black
V+ - Red
Channel 1 Steering White
Channel 2 Throttle Yellow
Channel 3 Gun elevation Orange
Channel 4 Turret Green
Channel 5 Switching Blue
Channel 6 Sound control Purple
Channel 7 Weapons Grey

Asp follows the Tamiya pattern of RTEA (Rud, Thr, Ele, Ail) which is the same for the RC5H ....

Ok the question about the flash was first asked here by Gra but there have been so many posts even I can't find it. You use the two outside pins of the three connector (the middle is blank). Again turn Asp over - by convention all V0 pads are Round or oval, V+ pads are square or rectangular and signal pads are octagons. The negative wire for your LED goes to the top pin the positive wire for your led goes to the bottom pin (signal pin) (closest to the recoil connector)

Ok as you point out the last part isn't about Asp but more about your radio. Any instruction manual for Asp is only a few lines.

Set sticks up on channels 1-4
Channel 1 Steering White
Channel 2 Throttle Yellow
Channel 3 Gun elevation Orange
Channel 4 Turret Green

Setup switches (as many as your radio will allow) on CH5 and CH7 such that they can be toggled from neutral (1500us) to either +100% (2000us) or -100% (1000us) and set a pot to CH6 at about 65% of available range.

This is more of how well one knows their own radio and not something that can be featured in an Asp manual

At startup have all channels in neutral (though not critical for CH6 if controlling volume)

To turn on flip/toggle a CH5 switch from neutral (1500us) to either 100 or -100% - to turn off it is long switch to +100%.

To fire Main gun it is whatever switch you have set to +100% on CH7
to fire MG it is whatever switch you have set to -100% on CH7.

That is the basics for operation. Problem with the factory 9X is that you are not able to assign all of those lovely switches to anything useful. I'm not sure that the factory 9X firmware is even able to make these edits.

I will not have a factory 9X till next week and I shall have a look and post back here results.

Also since your Asp went I have included operation on 4 ch and 6 ch. IF you got a programming dongle then the upcoming V5 update will allow for a very simple no-brainer plug in and go 4 channel operation mode.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:34 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok the question about the flash was first asked here by Gra but there have been so many posts even I can't find it. End quote

Hi Kevin,
funny you should say that, I've been searching for the same thing for the last couple of weeks lol

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:44 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I still can't find it????

Anyhows spent all afternoon on the wiki. The info is now there under the Flash Unit Connection

http://rctanksaustralia.com/guides/inde ... onnections

I'll try to make less boring with pics as time allows

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Thanks Kevin,
I checked out all the new info on the wiki and it was very helpful. :D
I still have a bit to learn but at least my sturmtiger is now driving and has sound.
Cheers
Afrikakorps

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:04 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

It would be great if you posted what you did to help out anyone else with a factory 9X.

I had a look at the factory 9X today and I gave up in less than 2 minutes.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board