[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - RCTA Update Cable DIY
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: RCTA Update Cable DIY
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:50 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

So... based on all info I found on the forum and the info from Kevin via emails, I put together a spreadsheet for myself and asked Kevin if he can verify all is correct. He didn't have time yet, so rather than going through emails on that, I'll attach the file here so others can use it, too.

Keep in mind, since I was doing it for my specific needs, I disregarded some IR related stuff, only included options as for airsoft. And it's the 7 channel layout, since that's what I'd be using.

Kevin, would you please look at that when you get a chance and if it needs correcting, maybe you can email me the corrections and I can edit the attachment then? The attached file was updated since the last one I emailed you, so please check this one here. Thank you.

Few cryptics I included there that make sense to me, but may not to you:
CF A - CompactFlash A (Disk A)
CF B - CompactFlash A (Disk B)
Hlth - Tank undamaged (healthy)
Dmgd - Tank damaged

7-channel ASP2 legend.xlsx

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

ok I've read the post I'll get onto it tomorrow

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:36 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin, any feedback? Can you send me an email with any corrections needed? I wanted to start programming my radio model as soon as I install 6-pos switch, which should be here in just a few days.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:02 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Pete

Hope you have a good weekend. Catch up with everyone on Monday... But till then...

All looks right excepting the upper and lower limits. Using values between
100 and 200 with 150 as neutral

Channel 5
>194 = 100%
188-193 = 85%
182-187 = 70%
169-181 = 50%
131-168 = Neutral
118-130 = -50%
113-117 =-70%
106-112 = -80%
<106 = -100%

Channel 6
>194 = 100%
188-193 = 85%
169-187 =70%
Volume range
113-131 =-70%
106-112 = -80%
<106 = -100%

Channel 7
>194 = 100%
188-193 = 85%
168-187 = 50%
131-167 = Neutral
118-130 = -50%
113-117 =-70%
106-112 = -80%
<106 = -100%

However, although I suspect that you won't need this info in actual practice. What you probably should do is turn on a switch and simply dial up the value until it triggers what you want it to trigger.

So for anyone else reading this post I suggest that if you want to program to do so using the simple "suck it and see" method.
Pick an action - say Reverse Light on/off
That's on CH 5 so create a mix in CH5
Source = HALF
go to Switch and add flick the switch you want
go back up to WEIGHT and run through the values until the Reverse light toggles on or off.
Exit - job done - no need to fuss or even be concerned with the values.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:43 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok thanks! I think that's similar to what I had except I was following the value ranges listed in your wiki spreadsheet, so 1000 to 2000 with neutral at 1500. But I only wrote those for reference. When I set up my mixes I use percentages anyway.
Thanks Kevin.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:45 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The range is a good thing to have and thanks for including it. I'm just thinking people see all those numbers and go "oh that is too complicated". Still if you can't grasp the pulse width 1000us - 2000us basis of r/c control then what hope is there

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:39 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

:) well said

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:21 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin, one last issue I found with sounds.

Ch7 at 85% is supposed to play 103B and 104B randomly (from what I understand from your past posts). 104 never plays. Instead, 103 stutters for as long as the signal is sent, and when the switch is off it finishes playing the track.

So when the switch is thrown sending the 85% signal, instead of initiating play of 1 of those sounds, it tries continually restarting playing the 1st sound, until the signal is off and then it can finish playing the sound.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Pete

That is because you are in airsoft mode trying to fire an IR signal.

CH7 at 85% is Fire IR request.

I must have left it in coping from IR to airsoft mode. Thanks for the heads up. I will look at the code and turn it into something more useful for airsoft users

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok, thank you

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List: