[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - FM/AM fequency radios good choice?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: FM/AM fequency radios good choice?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:00 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

So, just going to start this with I've recently purchased a DX7 Spectrem 2.4Ghz. But, i did that because i thought my odd behavior maybe related to me trying my 75mhz 8channel wyfly system. Wanted to use that radio as I currently use it for my rc sub and plane ... So why not tank right?

Anyhow, so far my observations are that the 2.4chz isnt yielding the sporadic behavior. Also, couldnt really specify channel range for multiple switches on the wyfly sustem. But, does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should ASP with Taigen tanks work fine with mhz frequencies?

Thanks again,

Post subject: Re: FM/AM fequency radios good choice?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:39 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Matthew
Lots of people use Spektrum radios for tanks however, there are a number of reasons why these radios are not the best option for tanks. Even worse for tanks are non-2.4 ghz radios.

Principal reason is that these radios are are primarily designed for aircraft 2 to 6 channel operation. Best operation of tanks comes with 6 or more channels and programmability and lots of switches and knobs. This is found with the 2.4 gHz radios.

Asp should work with any system that outputs from the receiver pulses between the range of 75us and 225us with 150 as neutral (centre). In 4 channel mode
CH1 is rud (steering)
Ch2 is thr (engine throttle)
CH3 is ELE - gun elevation (gun & cannon control)
CH4 is AIL (turret control)

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: FM/AM fequency radios good choice?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Well, knowing that i did a little more digging on the capabilities of my wyfly 8channel and i happened to find mix settings in advanced features. Needless to say i put my crystal receiver back in and it all works like before but this time i have 8 channels instead of 7. I can also take back a 300 dollar remote

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board