[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Speaker Noise
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Speaker Noise
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:06 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi Kevin,
i am having trouble with one of my ASP / Tamiya speaker set ups.
I have one setup in a Taigen KV-2 and the sound quality is good, but in an identical setup in a Taigen Sturmtiger I get a lot of crackle noise through the speaker . This is at at all volumes.
If i swap the speakers the ASP Sturmtiger still gets the crackle noise.

Has anyone else had a similar problem ?

I noticed on one of your pics that you had a ferrite suppressor around a + power wire.
Do you think this may help ? :idea:
If so, what wires should i run through the ferrite core ? :?:
Any help would be great. :D

Thanks
Steve

Post subject: Re: Speaker Noise
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:13 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Simply swap the Juno boards

Take the JUNO board out of the KV and place it into the Sturmtiger and vice versa. If the crackle noise follows the Juno board (the crackle is now in the KV) then there is possibly a problem with that Juno board. Most likely a dry joint at the speaker connection. The PCB company was a little lax on making sure that all of the headers were soldered properly on the JUNOs. If crackle is not in KV then problem lies elsewhere.

If you have deduced that it is definitely the JUNO board you can always send back for a replacement

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Also don't forget Asp has 3 speaker outputs that's 2 more than the competition.

You can further isolate the source of any issue by connecting a speaker to either of the separate A & B outs.

If no crackle on either A or B outs then issue within the combined channel stream (20W combined output)

If crackle in either A or B then issue within the affected sound module.

If crackle in both A & B then there is a common fault such as a bad earth or power joint.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:16 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Thanks Kevin,
I will get a chance to try all options this weekend.

On a slightly different topic, when do you think that you will have micro DS cards with a choice of tank sounds available for sale ?
I cannot get my sounds to copy correctly. Have tried directly copying, disk images , formatting etc. to no avail. They always sound jumbled from the tank.
I am wanting to get a KV-2 and a Sturmtiger. I have even got a rocket launching noise for the Sturmtiger, in wav format, but cant replace the tiger 1 cannon sound correctly.

Thanks
Steve

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:13 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Steve

I have found a program that should sort out the files for you. The issue is a common one with SD Cards and mp3 players that use said SD cards. This program has been a God Send it does the job perfect. It is called imaginatively "DriveSort" and it allows you to set the files up in ascending order and then then you just hit "Save" and the files are sorted properly in the FAT.

DriveSort_en.zip

No install program just open the zip file and run DriveSort

Hit the Drive Button and open your SD drive
Hit the Sort Button -> Long Name Sort -> Order Ascending
The Press on Folder and hit sort
All the files will appear in the side window and you can check that they are in correct order
If all good then hit Folder -> Save.
DriveSort then places the files in the FAT in the correct order and all should be good.

VERY IMPORTANT after you have opened the SD Drive done your sorting you MUST CLOSE the disk in the Drive Sort program (red x button) otherwise next time you put in a SD card the drive may not show up.

Windows is simply not reliable at transferring the files to SD card in correct order.

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board