[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Sirvoe Programming
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Sirvoe Programming
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:45 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

From March 2016 on all sirvoes will be shipped with the following program installed. This program will allow you to set any of the 6 sirvoe operating modes easily using your radio and receiver. By default sirvoe operates in the shared elevation/gun mode for the control of an elevation sirvoe. To change to any of the other modes you can use the program editor and a PC or the easy method below using your radio and receiver.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are wanting a Sirvoe to provide the recoil function on Asp and ask for that in the shop then you will have sirvoe set to that function. You will not be able to re-program using this method. You WILL be able to re-program using the program editor and connection to a PC.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Sirvoe Programming
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

hi kevin I have 2 sirvoe boards setup fro recoil with the asp.
How hard is it to reprogram at least one of them with some of the other functions !!!
sid

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Sid

Very easy if you have an FTDI breakout or RCTA programming board. This method is the same as all other RCTA boards so you will need to know how to do it for Asp in general

Step 1.
Download and install the programmer app.

http://www.picaxe.com/Software/Drivers/ ... ammer-App/

Step 2.
Get yourself a programmer and make a connection cable. Details are in the "How to update Asp" topic. However, I no longer suggest getting a cheap unit from eBay as they usually have counterfeit chips. I can make up programmer but they would include the real deal chips and as such will be over $15. I don't have the PCBs printed for this yet. All my new boards from 2016 now have a JST-ZH plug for the programmer but sirvoe does not.

Step 3.
Download the full sirvoe program here
SirvoeV7.zip
Use the app to re-program Sirvoe then the radio method above to edit.

What I can do is send you down a programmer and a cable with your new order. You can use these to program your existing Sirvoe boards and then send the programmer back when done (unfortunately I do not have enough programmers)

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:26 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

don't worry about the programmer, I am in the process of making one with the help of your videos.
I got a board from jaycar!!!!
the sirvoe boards I have at the moment will be used for recoil anyway, so no need to muck around with them.
I have ordered 4 more to use for different things anyway , will program those with the method shown in this post.
Thankyou very much for the offer!!!
sid

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:31 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Cool I did not know that they were at Jaycar. I've been there today and yesterday getting some of those aluminium project boxes for the smoke unit mod.

Cheers
KG

EDIT:

For Aussies here is the Jaycar link - the price is a bit high I suspect a 100% markup by Jaycar

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Kits,-Science- ... o/p/XC4594

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:25 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I actually bought a different one it is called a usb to serial adaptor module
part number xc4464

it looks exactly like one of the boards that was in your video
hope I got the right one!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:40 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

That one is in fact betterer :)

Aussies get this:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Kits,-Science- ... e/p/XC4464

The cable I have sent you has ends that will match it correctly.

It is white, black, grey (yeah nice contrast in colour hey?) Black is ground V0, up to you what you want to use as TX and RX. Don't forget to use the FT-Prog utility to invert the TX and RX lines and program this to the FTDI chip.

Then just stick it in RX line goes to hole on the right. Doesn't matter if you stick it in the wrong way round or in the wrong hole. Sirvoe won't squeal or anything like that. You just get a message like device not found - so turn around and try again.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:22 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

awesome thanks again kevin
sid

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

How to load the full Sirvoe Program onto your sirvoe board using the Picaxe programming app and your FTDI interface.

Remember you have to have sirvoe powered up.

This process is the same for any updates for all RCTA boards excluding the RC5HL

Cheers
KG

PS. I do make a lot of mistakes in the narration of these vids. Don't worry too much about the RX or TX as the RX of the FTDI is the TX of whatever you are programming so it is always confusing. So to avoid confusion I try to have the input of the board being programmed as white or yellow and I try to keep it on the right hand side.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:22 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I can not play the video... It seems to be private.

Edit: It works now.

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board