[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Asp card availability
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Asp card availability
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:52 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin , when might we see some more asp cards become available ?

Post subject: Re: Asp card availability
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:39 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I'll be level with you. I don't know a lot depends on you guys not me. Simply I do not have the capital for a production run. More shop sales please (tough as there is not much left in the shop) The good news is that I am nearly there and there will be some new designs for the shop shortly. When there is enough money to pay for a run it will be done or if I can get a big enough number of pre-orders. When that happens it will be a 4 week wait for the boards to be made ASSUMING there are no issues with the supply of components.

Even though there is this delay for the boards work is still going on with programming and all of the extra bells & whistles associated with Asp. So on the bright side he longer the wait the more new stuff Asp will be capable of when it is finally back in stock

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:10 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Mixed feelings, in one side of the coin, I want a ASP board now. On the other side I can wait to have more features. I will buy one for sure, and once I run it and I see if I like (Im sure I will) I´ll sell my Tamiya Sherman electronics and the Ibu2 Pro I have for buying two more ASPs, so lets say I will buy 3. If you tell me how to preorder for the new ASP I will do it right now for my first board.

Also, could you share with us what you have in mind and what do you want to add to your board? I have already seen the amazing IR radio programing mode with the transmitter that is much better than connect it to the PC that I suggested you.

The rest of features Id like to have I already sent it to you on a PM some weeks ago, so hope you can do them. :)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:55 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Sounds like the ASP card is going to do everything , maybe even make the coffee. Great job. Same as Rad , I want one now but also when their even better too. Did you get my PM ?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:34 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Geez guys you don't half put the pressure on. Suppose I should give an update.

!. Revised Wireless Connections:
You must of seen the new programming procedures using the radio. Well that is all and good to have the LCD screen BUT at present the LCD screen has to be attached to Asp. For the past week I have been looking at some simple wireless options beyond what Remora did so that you can have your LCD outside of the tank. The bad news is that the cheap $10 interfaces you can get on eBay don't want to work (surprise surprise). The next step up are $30 BUT these off far greater features and are more reliable. The idea is that you can get these common "wireless modems" off eBay and they will just plug into an ASp port to provide a 433mHz wirelss connection to your LCD. Very much the same as Remora except using a more supported type of data transmission.

2. New add on Smoke control unit:
The burn effects unit is a bit expensive so there is a simple smoke unit control board to interface with ASP to control other types of smoke unit. The Asp method of smoke control is different to others who may simply use throttle info for control. Asp uses the engine sounds for smoke control which if you think about it make a bit more sense. For example if you are revving your engine there is no motor movement so having the smoke control linked to motor movement isn't going to work nor for start-up and shutdown sequences.

3. Data logger:
Ok this is going probably over many heads here but Asp is not just for tanks. I'm going to put one in an old 90's RAD robot. Basically the data logger support involves the writing of info from ASP to a SD card which you can retrieve later and download onto your computer. In the tank world this data could include IR battle data, motor temps, current draw, gps info. The prototype data logger board arrives today

4. Easier update program/procedure:
There is now a simple Chrome/Win app with a GUI that will allow you to update all RCTA boards on any COM port (you can now choose the port rather than have to force the cable onto COM5)

That's it for now - so as it stands Asp will have to ability to wirelessly turn ON your coffee machine and maybe data log the temp of the water as it heats up but as yet it can't put the milk into the coffee nor the used coffee cup into the sink (maybe 2017)

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:17 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,
This is Peter. You can add me to the pre-orders list - I'm ready to pay now. But I would definitely want the new smoke control. Please hurry up :) I've already had my tank apart for 6 months slowly doing diff mods, waiting another month is a stretch ;)
BTW, not sure this is possible now, but if not, perhaps you can add this as a configurable option for the new board. I saw this as a feature in IBU. For the rear light, any way to allow to configure limiting (dimming) output when motors are running, and 100% output when tank is stopped? This would simulate tail-to-brake lights.
Thank you

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:17 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Peter,

If Asp or any other board for that matter can't do a specific function then there is a very high probability that that function can be handed over to a sirvoe board.

Not all users are going to want that function. A lot of users don't even have tail lights. For a function like this sirvoe is again a perfect solution. Think of sirvoe as a little Swiss Army knife.

I shall do some coding and post a video soon.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:21 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi. I also want that rear light-brake light, you know, I sent you a PM requesting that, lol.

I think that is a very nice feature that a lot of people loves and all my tanks have rear lights. The Tamiya Sherman comes stock with them, and I installed them in my PIII and PIV.

With other boards the brake light lights on when you switch on the head lights, but with low intensity, and it lights much brighter when you are breaking (Reducing speed)

IMHO That would be a much nicer feature than the reverse light that I have never seen anybody requesting or using it. And about the sirvoe board, I've seen your videos and is a very nice little board, but I need the spare channel for a 4ch switch that I use for other things like a laser diode in the turret, convoy lights, searchlight and things like that.

So, yeah, I encourage you to try to make it for us. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:16 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

:) not to highjack the topic but..
Yes, by now I realize the sirvoe is a great little helper for a lot of things. My only concern is, I don't want to ultimately end up with 10 sirvoe boards, each one for different thing, because it would clutter up the tank. I already need 1 for elevation and 1 for burn effect. So if perhaps you do a poll and it turns out there are more people than Rad and me interested in this functionality, maybe it would be worth including it in the new asp? Else, if I would have to get a third sirvoe just for that, I'd have to carefully consider my available space. Bulldog has less space than some other tanks to begin with, and then I built an aluminum frame and quick closing mechanism, plus the new boards, frs7 speaker, etc... not a lot of space left.

But this is a detail right now, and none of this will matter if I can't get the asp :) So getting back to the topic, how far are we, realistically, from getting a new asp board based on the number of people that have committed to buy, so far?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:47 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

To clear things up. First, it is simply NOT POSSIBLE to have PWM control on the pin that is used for the brake/reverse light on Asp. It can't happen so that is the end of the matter.

Second, with ersky9x, and a FRSky XJT module you can have up to 6 servos controlled directly by your radio. Sirvoe is an option for those who can't be bothered to read the er9x literature.

Thirdly, having an additional boards like sirvoe taking over a specific task means that a great amount of control can be then placed on that function. This is particularly evident with the smoke unit control. WRT the brake light I took me a day to code and I think it works great. You can set the level of low intensity (some people may even want the light off when not braking). It brightens when braking - and I mean braking. It doesn't light if you coast to a stop with the foot off the brake. Sirvoe also has the 2 additional LED outs SO not only does the brake light work but when you go into reverse both the reverse light and brake light come on at full. Further, being a Sirvoe board you can use the board with any other hobby RC unit so you can use it with the older El Mod, Asp or any other unit that doesn't have a brake light function (even the a RX18 with a RC5HL board).

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board