[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Asp card availability
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Asp card availability
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:35 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

@Rad & Pete, I do not have a 3D printer. Unfortunately,I can not get you any 3D cases in either an appropriate timeframe or at a reasonable cost. I can post the stl file and you guys can print your own.

In my most recent job I placed Asp2 on nylon spacers. I put a few on the corners the were flat and then two for the mounting holes in the middle of the board.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:42 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Well I'm trying not to Brag
But I got my 2 x. ASP 2s this morning
Sadly I had left for work and the wife signed for them
So no fun unit I get Home

Thanks
Kevin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:06 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok thanks Kevin, so do you have that updated stl? Afair, the one you previously posted you said wasn't scaled right. I'd hate to pay money to someone for the print and ending up with a case that doesn't fit.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:57 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

The packaging that your FrSky x8r comes in is a very good fit to protect ASP2 from shorting out
Yes a dedicated 3D printed box would be great but in the interim the X8r clear plastic isn't bad at all

Vince

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:22 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok here is the Asp2 case as an stl. Now I have had a think about this and decided to provide the original file at 100%. These stl files do have dimensions and I will also provide them here:

Total length = 90mm
Total width = 63mm
Height = 9mm

The dimensions of the cut out for the Asp pcb are:
Length = 86mm
Width = 59mm

asp2_case_100.zip

It will be up to you to discuss with your 3D printer what materials to use and IF to expect any shrinkage or otherwise. Alternatively you can instruct your 3D print provider to deliver to the measurements above. Different materials, different printers, different temperatures may ALL produce different results. What works for me may NOT work for you. As long as your end result matches the measurements above then you'll be fine.

DISCLAIMER: The file provided above comes with ABSOLUTELY NO Guarantee whatsoever. You download and print completely at your own cost and responsibility.

The above file was designed using Tinkercad which is free from http://www.tinkercad.com. It is quite easy to use and it is entirely possible to design your own case in less than 30 minutes.

Cheers
KG

PS. Just a note...I've probably put more Asp into tanks than anyone else. I've not got a case in any of my tanks. Don't forget there are the mounting holes and you can just get nylon spacers to mount up off the bottom - really good to provide airflow. With Asp2 put in some additional ones on the corners for support. In one situation I used some thick double sided foam and built a nice snug case.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Kevin.
I think u made a mistake though, the total width of the asp2 case in your stl is 36mm, but the pcb width is 59mm?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:48 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Sorry everyone that is my mild dyslexia coming thru.

It should be 63 mm and not 36mm

Cheers
GK

2016-08-02 (1).png

2016-08-02 (2).png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:35 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

No worries, better that than dementia ; )

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:11 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

I have received my ASP 2 card and couldn't be happier. Thanks Phyrephish. The 3d printed box is a good idea. :)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:55 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

just fyi, I found a pretty good service online for 3D printing. www.3dhubs.com. You upload the project, select material, and gives you a list of many people or companies in your area that can do that print for you and their prices. You can read reviews about their work, see locations, message them before paying, etc. Way better than searching individual companies site by site and having to create accounts to get prices that end up high.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board