[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Asp card availability
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Asp card availability
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:51 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Great :) Thanks for the continuing support and development, Kevin.
So getting back to the topic, is there some shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for all of us committed, waiting for the new ASP?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Last edited by Peregrine on Wed May 04, 2016 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:48 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I have no idea what means PWM, but I think it means we wont have brake light on the ASP... Well, I suppose I can live without it... I saw somewhere this mod. It might not be a brake light but it is a rear light, so I'll be at least 50% happy. Do you think we can do it for the asp? Hope the photo uploads correctly.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:10 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:19 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

My God Peter I'm impressed. As the saying goes "Nailed IT".

Sorry Rad but I thought the solution that you posted was sort of a given one and that if you just wanted lights you could tap off a number of LEDs from the headlight output. Similarly you can tap off as many Leds as required off the AUX light output. But Peter has got it because none of the pins on the IC that I use for the LEDs are PWM enabled they can not be (easily) made dimmable. Hence to make the LEDs dimmable additional circuitry is required.

Regardless this has been a useful topic discussion and I have developed a solution using Sirvoe. I realise that it is not the most efficient solution but a solution nonetheless and actually one that I didn't think I would use but I'm now thinking that I will put into my Bulldog & Abrams.

BTW, Rad your other request for the Reload flashes to be toggled on or off has also been done.
Sorry but I kept on as default. Also I know you don't like the IR remote programming method but this exercise is a good example of it's efficiency. The IR remote method barely took 6 lines of code to implement - great as the MAKO program is pretty full. 5 minutes tops. All you have to do to toggle reload flashes on or off is press the Clock/Timer button on the remote at startup. This then stays in the EEPROM so you only need to do it once.

Adding as an option in in the radio edit mode took 10 times more code (60+ lines) as well as requiring editing on the MANTA IC and I will need to record up to 4 more voice notifications. A few hours.

I'm working now on the the IR Battle Logger such that you can also program using the write to a sd card method. Guesstimate 120+ lines of code - a day or two.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:24 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks, though my posts are not visible. I guess you'd need to approve them. Either way, dont approve this one, no point, tnx

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:43 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Im afraid that for some reason I can not read the Peter's post. I mean just there is no Peter's post around here...

This is a beta pic of what Im making with mi PIII.

Now im changing all the lights to warm white instead that cold xenon color, and Im also adding convoy lights (front and back) and a turret laser diode.

My idea is to use the ASP aux port for the turret searchlight, control the front and rear lights with ASP too, and the rest with that 4CH electronic switch.

I wanted to have a dimmable rear light, but if I cant, no problem, I can live with that.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:51 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Now I can see your posts, Peregrine. Its all clear now.

Just one thing, you said ASP comes with rear light, but if I remember correctly it is a backwards light. When a motor (or both motors) goes backwards that light brights.

So, could be possible to program the board to have just a not dimmable rear light, able to be switched on and off at the same time as the headlights?

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:38 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

To do the simple task you require then you simply use the setup you sent a photo off. That will switch on and off any rear light in conjunction with your Headlights. I always assumed this was a given as that is how the old Heng Longs are wired (head and rear lights together). You then do not plug anything into the reverse light connection.

Maybe I should rename the Headlight connector to Head/Tail Light Connector.

So you can now have 3 different lights to the rear.

1. A rear light wired in parallel with your headlights (controlled by headlight switch)
2. A reverse light - comes on when ever motors are in reverse (only controlled by motors can not be switched on/off)
and now
3. A brake light controlled by a sirvoe board. Dimmable output - fully lights with a braking type deceleration.

Surely that is enough??? If I was in a combat tank I'd be turning them all off in anycase.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:24 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

oh boy... my small idea has totally taken over this thread which started for very different purpose.
But now I need to add something to this morphed topic to clear out a potential ambiguity.

A "rear" or "tail" light is one that comprises of several functionalities. However, in an automotive environment, which those lights are vastly associated with, the term "taillight" is commonly referred to the rear red light output which is illuminated together with the rest of the park lights. A "brake light", is a higher intensity red light that is only illuminated when the brakes are applied, and "reverse light" is a white light illuminated during a reverse motion. Each of these 3 have a different functionality.
Looking over technical diagrams or instructions for different boards like clark, HL, Taigen, IBU and maybe ASP (can't remember which said what exactly now) at some of them I've noticed this terms are freely used, not necessarily equivalent to their functionality as I understand it. But again, my experience comes from the automotive area, so it's possible that in the tank industry, the description of the rear light varies depending on the tank.. not sure.. and in that area, all I have on my back is just a few years of WOT and now the 1/16 RC related. But I wish the rear light description was more standardized to something everyone can relate to... like their car's lights.

Currently, my Bulldog HL RXMB board rear light output is a "taillight" only. It's on a separate circuit from headlights. Those taillights come on only after the engine starts (they don't blink like headlights do).
So to better understand how ASP controls rear light different functionalities (per my descriptions above), let me sum it up based on your earlier comments.

Per what Kevin and Rad said, I understand that currently the ASP port for rear light servers as a "reverse light" only.
To have "taillight" functionality, one would have to connect them to the headlight output (in parallel, of course).
Or better yet, use the sirvoe Kevin has now made available, which would allow the same rear lights serve as both "taillight" and "brake light". And if someone needs the "reverse light", the port on the ASP can do that.

Does that sound right?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:21 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Almost right

For rear light connect in parallel to headlight

Sirvoe takes over BOTH brake light AND reverse light function with the brake light LED connecting to the main output and a reverse light to LED2. Do not plug anything into the reverse light connector on Asp 1.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board