[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Asp card availability
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Asp card availability
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:29 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Ithump - As before the units should be here next week - all International orders will be upgraded to a tracked postal service, domestic of 2 or more to Express.

Even so bear in mind that work still continues on the programming. Just yesterday I assigned all the remaining new CH5 switch functions by making it possible to toggle the damage effect on the separate headlight output. Some users may not want battle damage to affect the headlight so -70% will toggle on or off. The damage effect on both the Aux light and headlights was also tweaked to give max effect. The new wireless function on the Dataout port of the JUNO was checked so one can now have the battle data transmitted to a computer screen as well as logged to your "BlackBox"

Custom firmware for the new DKLM type gearboxes is at a testing stage and awaiting the actual DKLM gearboxes for final edits. Also arriving this week all the parts for the "Smart Smoke" system.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:47 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

What's a "smart smoke"? I thought the smoke effect was driven by a sirvoe.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:30 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yes it is BUT with sirvoe you HAVE to have a burn effects smoke unit. There was nothing if you had a custom smoker or the factory smoker. Now there is the Smart Smoke board which allows you to use a custom smoker (5v Fan and element) or factory smoker (BV piston pump and element). On the Smart Smoke board there are two selector jumpers (operation mode & fan/pump selection), 2 big ass FETs so you can throw just about anything at it. And then what makes the unit "smart" - Temperature feedback. Now this is not fully tested as yet but here is the theory.

Smoke fluid is just a glycerine/water mix typically of up to 80% glycerine (usually lower). The boiling point of these concentrations is here:

So as you can see temps of between 100 and 125°C are required to produce "smoke" for the majority of smoke fluids out there. There is a port on the Smart Smoke board for a DS18B20 temperature sensor. By placing this sensor on or near the element the temperature of the element is monitored and will either keep the unit at either just below the boiling point temp (in off but ready state) OR stop the element from getting above 125°C. At too high a temp the glycerine can actually decompose into a toxin called Acrolein. Typically if you stick the the recommended guidelines this won't happen BUT if you stick a 3 cell lipo on your 2 cell smoker then you can quite possibly start breathing in the carcinogenic acrolein. Pretty sure not too many people know this. By regulating the temperature of the element Smart Smoke allows you to use 3 cell Lipos (something Burn effects does not) safely. Well that is the theory anyway.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:59 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Oh wow, that's perfect cause burn effect won't fit into my bulldog so I got to get the smoker so this will be perfect. Thank you

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:23 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi All

For those of you not on FB. I was expecting the ASp2 board this week so I emailed China.
Response is below:

Hi Kevin

SMD parts all have finished.but DIP soldering line,some work go back hometown for summer holiday.
so delayed ,will try to finish and ship out in this week.

Regards,

I am really really hoping for this to be done by Friday. If finished on Friday - DHL doesn't rest and the boards will be here on Monday morning.

In the meantime I have created an edit on Asp for the new DKLM style motor/gearboxes. At first I was a bit unsure of these gearboxes but after getting one I have nothing but good things to say.
Progress on smart smoke is also going well.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:52 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thnx Kevin, no problem with the wait.
Are you talking about this?: http://www.dklmrc.com/[DKLM]_Dual_550_motor_4_1_steel_gearbox_for_Leopard_2A6/p2389473_14664952.aspx

I can't believe these motors are 55mm long, are they really? I have the red 480 motors from tankarmy and those barely fit, so it means their gearboxes must be slimmer than typical 4:1.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:43 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Peregrine, he means this gearboxes: http://www.dklmrc.com/product/pdsgb They work roughly like this ones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGrBqRbeq1w

One motor is for going frontwards and backwards and the other one is for steering. It looks like a great gearbox and seems to fit in small tanks like the Panzer III and so. Dont know about fitting them in the bulldog.

Im considering to buy a set of this gearboxes, but im not sure if they really worth the money because they are very expensive. The other option is this http://tankarmy.com/heng-long-tank/imag ... rboxes.png with the red motors.

About the red motors they are really fast and powerfull, but I think they are 390... Anyway they stalled my IBU 2 but they will work great with the ASP.

And about the ASP, Kevin, dont worry too much, I think most of us will keep the order, and those not patient enough will buy it at the normal full price or regret for the rest of their lives, lol.

I would like to buy another ASP 2, but first I need to sell the rest IBUs and tamiyas electronics that I have. I asume you will do a second batch in the future, right?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:28 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Oh wow, that's something new. Thanks for the links.
I'm happy with my solution though. I got the new imex gearboxes, and the red motors and it's great. The 3:1 solution allows slightly better speed sacrificing torque comparing to 4:1, but the red motor definitely compliment that with plenty of torque, so it's both fast and strong, which is perfect for a bulldog. When I get a "heavy" tank, I'll get the 4:1 gearboxes to have even more torque.
And the red motors are definitely 480, trust me. There's a lot of misinformation out there and I spent hours doing research on that. Bottom line, the length of the motor housing drives these specs. A typical hl motor is less than 4cm long, so it'should 380 or 390, imex is probably 400, but the red motors are about 48mm long, so 480.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:10 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Pete

No this is the motor:
http://www.dklmrc.com/product/pdsgb

There is a big ass 550 for the main drive motor and a secondary 480 (I think for steering). The thing with these boxes is that the mixing between the motors is mechanical. So the receiver info for CH1 and CH2 does NOT need to be "mixed" in the Asp firmware.

It actually makes the Asp code mind numbingly simple - Unfortunately the Code is so full that I'm having difficulty adding as an option. So at present you need program with the programmer rather than just flicking a switch on Asp.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:26 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

@ RAD

yes as soon as I can I will be getting another 50 Asp Mainboards made. I got a note that the main motor IC are scheduled to be phased out of production (or maybe updated not exactly sure) so I want to get as many made as possible.

@RAD & PETE

AS a programmer I am loving the concept of this new gearbox. It means that when you set your throttle curves, inertia & speed limit for your drive motor then that's it. It will ONLY affect your drive motor and you can treat steering separate. I can reduce about 100 lines of code down to 4 :)

However, I have posted a vid of Asp1 in a factory Taigen KT up against a Jagdtiger with IBU3 and DKLM. You guys would probably know that I would not do that if I thought the old Asp and regular style gearboxes didn't match or outperform :)

The box is heavy & I suspect quite powerful. Great for a metal hull with GOOD suspension but I would not be putting one into a tank with aplastic hull & gear train. A universal replacement is not it's role. But for the newer heavy metal beasts I think it will be super.

of course videos soon....

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board