[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Asp card availability
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Asp card availability
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:55 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Notice from China that at least the JUNOs are now in the hands of DHL and should be here on Monday.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:57 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yeah, I can see the benefits of this dklm solution, but for the end result, I can't imagine a single 550 motor driving forward would be a match to 2x 480 motors driving forward, unless the dklm gearbox itself was amazingly more efficient than the standard 3:1 or 4:1 design, which I doubt is possible.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:09 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hey Phyrephish, have the asp cards started shipping out to customers yet ? No rush, just thought it might turn up soon going off previous comments. Actually , just saw your post from today , nevermind me.
lthump

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:56 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:12 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

OOOH :censored: Thankyou for the update . sounds good.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:49 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

They are here (late) - I'm finishing off all the extra bits and will start programming 2morrow

IMG_5251.JPG

cheers
kg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:40 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hopefully the final word here:

Asp2 are now shipping - the first batch went out Friday. I am working through the orders in a first come first served basis. Most Aussies (except for GT) ordered early so you guys can expect Asp2 on Monday or Tuesday if in WA. All Aussie postage was upgraded to EXPRESS.

Pete I assume that you are back so I'm sending yours right away

Rad you wanted some RC5HL chips as well yes?

Plenty of new features on Asp but one thing I want to mention is that some of the old voice commands may be a little outdated. I have not changed them yet. For example :

To enter testing mode you can do that now by either the radio at startup, IR remote OR by pressing the test button on the corner of Juno. When you get to the end of the test procedure the voice clip says "remove the testing jumper.." Please don't get confused by this - There is no more testing jumper.

Second: Because I'd be infringing copyright I can't ship Asp with music files like "Panzerleid" on the SD card. If you want to use background music like this then you will have to have to get those files yourself. For the adding of any user sound or editing of existing sounds there are 3 important programs included on the "A" sd card.

1. Audacity - this is an audio editor that you can edit the audio files with AND even use to record from Youtube or the like. Once you have you file export the file as a standard .wav file 16 bit, 44.1K (CD quality). Don't forget ALL files have to be numbered: xxx_filename.wav

2. Drive Sort - Whenever you make ANY edits to the SD sound card you MUST use Drive Sort at the end to make sure that the files are correct for JUNO to read them. Drive Sort does not need to be installed and you can just copy the folder to your computer and run it:

1. Run Drive Sort
2 .Stick in SD card after you have made all the changes
3. Press “Disk” –> Open – now select your SD card
4. Press “Folder” –> Sort – check in the right pane that all the files are in order
5. Press “Folder” –> Save – this makes sure the file table on the sd card is correct
6. Press “Disk” –> Close – important to close the disk otherwise next time you stick in a SD card it may not pop up right away
Take out the SD card as you are done

As you can see just a couple of mouse clicks and your edited sound files will all be good.

3. h2testw_1.4 - Ok this is a badly named program. What it does is check your micro SD card to see if they are good. I have had a LOT of problems with cheap SD cards from China and the price if ASp2 will go up from the pre-order price because of this. Like DriveSort there is no install just copy to your computer and run. DO NOT RUN on a card with sounds on it as it rewrites the entire card. Use h2testw_1.4 to check that any NEW cards you get for use in Asp are good.

Finally there WILL be updates to Asp2. You may not need or want the newer features that did not make the release version. For example the Blackbox stuff is only recording IR battle data. I did not have time to finish the recording of receiver data.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:32 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Wait don't send mine yet, I got to analyze what else I need and get that from you now so it ships together. I'll email you tomorrow. Thnx

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yes please, add a spare RC5HL Chip (Please tell me how much I owe you) and the ASP programing cable.

I know you said no, but if I could buy a couple of ASP 2 cases from you I will be waaay happier. :D

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:26 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin, I just sent u the email with details, but forgot to add, if at all possible to get the asp2 cases, I'm also interested in 2.
Thanks

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board