[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Yet MORE features can be added to Asp - Comments welcome
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: Yet MORE features can be added to Asp - Comments welcome
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:20 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Peter

On your Taranis/9X in the mixes section you will see a speed up and speed down setting. This is what is used to adjust inertia. You can set individual settings for each of your tanks. Further you can tweak performance by adjusting the throttle response curve

Inertia can be very problematic in real life. As a feature that is out there and promoted - once you have it you may not want it. I've found especially in club battle situations it is real important to be able to stop dead instantly. The number of bits I've had to glue back on as result of the tank crashing into stuff or other tanks crashing into me tends to make me use it very sparingly.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

ha ha, that's exactly what I was thinking earlier today, it sounds like a cool realistic feature, but do I really want to be risking beating up my front every time I forget to brake? There's a difference in operating the vehicle with your hands and feet, vs the 2 sticks on the remote.
I'm gonna use my own model in opentx, so I won't take advantage of the 9x model mixes (though I may at some point need to check out how you set it up), but no problem with no inertia on my end.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:10 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yeah, Im aware of your problems with the Ibu3, Peregrine. Better not to think too much about it.

About the inertia-momentum, I have tested for a while but I dont think I can say I really like it. Damn, I just remember a couple of years ago I let a friend to drive my Panzer III near to a lake, and due to the inertia he turned my Panzer III into a Tauchpanzer, lol. I was running the RC5HL and still works, so Kevin, you should add to your store that the RC5HL is somewhat waterproof. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway some boards have some kind of emergency brake, I mean, if you are running for example full throttle (+100 in the radio) if you reduce speed (+1 to + 99) it will have inertia but if you are running + 100 and then you pass through the middle point (-1 to -100) it works like a hand brake, or a heavy anchor.

Im not asking for adding this, because I think I dont need it, but are just some ideas that you might find usefull.

Uh, and Kevin, thanks for mentioning me in your video! :P

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:30 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Rad, Kevin made you famous :)

I think asp already has the braking capability, that's how Kevin implemented the brake lights.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:54 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin, going back to your first post, maybe I missed it, but is setting the switch to advanced mode going to disable the airsoft (-) pin functionality? In other words, if I move the gun elevation from the 8pin and want to use that as a switching signal under advanced mode, will my airsoft still work?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:07 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

If you go into advanced mode when in Airsoft mode there is no change to the airsoft. The only thing changed is the elevation.

Cheers
kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:37 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Perfect, thanks.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:02 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi. After making my own sounds in my Sherman I noticed it would be cool if the smoke generator starts working when you press the start switch in the radio. I have a 40 seconds sound as a cold start and would be great to have smoke at the beginning instead after the sound.

Just another idea for the new software version :)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:09 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I think Kevin's smartsmoke does exactly that and more.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:05 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander