[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - ASP2 - Recoil Options
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: ASP2 - Recoil Options
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:26 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi All

Here is the first of many Asp2 posts. I managed to get the first sample PCB of Asp2 into a state to check most of the new functions and programming. One of the improvements for Asp2 is the increase in the number of recoil options supported. Asp2 supports:

Motor Style recoil units (Asiatam, Tamiya)
- connects to recoil port with battery voltage selected

Imex Airsoft Recoil (Imex)
- connects to recoil port with 5V selected

Servo recoil with sirvoe (RCTA)

Direct Servo connection (Universal)
- servo can be directly connected to underside of JUNO board

PLUS - there is also the option to program a recoil servo to connect directly to your receiver if using a radio with er9x, ersky9x or opentx

That should pretty much cover all major types of recoil system out there. Further, by moving the recoil function away from the shared LCD & Sirvoe connector of Asp1 the connection is freed up for permanent LCD usage.

The videos below should hopefully make things clearer

NOTE: The direct connection of a servo to the underside of the Juno board replicates the original recoil action as found on MAKO units for many years and also allows for the implementation of a FLAK cannon option. The servo parameters here can not be modified. If it is necessary to be able to adjust servo parameters then the Sirvoe Option is recommended.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: ASP2 - Recoil Options
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:10 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,
The airsoft Torro Tiger I got has a slightly different recoil servo controller connections than in your video. It only has 2 wires coming out for recoil from the slip ring, red and black (lower right corner of the picture - male plug). I took the turret apart and it looks like the controller has 3 wires going to the servo, 1 black wire going to the microswitch, and those 2 wires going into the slip ring. Here's a picture if you can make out the wires. I guess it's just +/- to activate the servo action, but not sure what voltage. Can you help me out where to best connect it?

20160911_223206.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And people think Asp is complicated. The wiring in those units is a nightmare. The recoil controller is basically identical to a sirvoe in operation and function. There is definately 3 wires involved for input and 3 for output.

There is a V+, V0 and signal input and then the same for output to the servo itself except the servo will be 5V+, V0 and sig.

In fact you can replace that unit with a sirvoe for better action. The factory unit goes back and forwards at the same speed so the gun returns to normal as fast as it recoils backwards. With Sirvoe the return is slower like the real thing

The signal input comes from the microswitch and hence it is a connection to ground that triggers the unit. From memory the power leads are grouped together and they did follow:
Red - V+
Black - V0
Black (separate) the signal from micro

I really don't know what your question is and why you need to do anything unless you are converting to IR.

Cheers
KG

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:49 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Kevin. I guess you kind of answered it. Eventually I may change it, but for now I don't have time and wanted to get it working as it is. I connected to V+ and V0 and the servo started working right away. So instead of V0 it probably should be connected to Sig- pin in the recoil port, right?

Except I'm not getting any signal on that pin yet, because I'm not getting any signal back on the microswitch yet. I started troubleshooting the problem and found the cause is that ASP2 is not sending ground on pin4 of the 8-pin connector when shooting main gun (counting pins from the turret signals side). Pin3 gets ground when the barrel starts moving, and that works well, but nothing on pin4. I applied ground on that pin manually, and my airsoft came to life.

I tried switching both sliders on ASP2 (airsoft/IR and general/advanced) to different positions, but nothing helped. When I shoot the main guns (ch7 +100% or ch7 +70%), the sound is heard right away, but no ground on pin4. Any ideas?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:20 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well, never mind my airsoft problem, just fixed it, the airsoft/IR switch was reversed because I set it to according to your schematic here: http://rctanksaustralia.com/guides/inde ... _800px.jpg

Turns out the switch for airsoft has to be to the right (which you wrote in the description text in ASP2 wiki), but on the pic it's confusing. And I tried changing the switch when powered on, but I guess for the effect to take the board has to be off.

But I'm still not sure where to connect the black wire from the recoil controller. At V0, it's engaged all the time, at Sig- it doesn't work at all. Also tried output from microswitch, but also no go. Any other pin I can connect this recoil controller wire to?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:28 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I had the same problem with the airsoft. For those reasons is why I ask again about updating the ASP 2 wiki.

Once I found that the switch was the problem, the airsoft works pefectly.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:47 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

As they say Rad, we failed to "read the fine print".. lol
Now I just need to know where to connect that black signal wire for the recoil controller. Anyone else has something similar? I know, I know, I'll eventually have to replace it, but also got to change the slip ring, etc, just don't have the time for it now. It'll be done later.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:50 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Guys,

I'm still kinda in the dark about the problems here. I'm thinking that some of the problem is knowing what is going on with the 8-pin connector which is a direct replica of what is on the RX18 style units. So here are some pics that I am always referring back to myself.

IMG_3301_mod.jpg

3546411963_ddf9770e5e_o.jpg

Looking at the turret connector the info is on the guides page...

8 Pin Turret Connector
This connector is identical to that of Heng Long and Taigen tanks. The pinouts starting from the smoke connector and moving to the right are: Machinegun1-, Headlight-, 5V+, BV+, Airsoft-, Elevation-, TurretA, & TurretB. Please note that if the elevation motor is connected to this port then control will not be proportional nor can it be reversed with stick movements. For proportional control of the elevation motor the wires connecting to the elevation motor should be replaced with the supplied JST-XH leads and the elevation motor connected to the elevation motor port.

As above there is NO ground connection on the 8-pin connector at all. Airsoft- & Elevation- only connect to ground when the units is activated. This is how they are controlled and number of wire kept to a minimum. IN fact all of the control occurs via a connection to ground. You can see that is is also the case for the LEDs. The LEDs share a common 5V+ supply and only turn on when the controlling wire goes to ground. Likewise for the 2 motors. Both share a common Battery V+ and turn on when the go to ground. This is why there can only be movement one way with the elevation motor.

Now as for the recoil controller that info is also here: In the first post you will find..

Imex Airsoft Recoil (Imex)

So looking in detail at the recoil port from the Asp1 and ASp2 guides page.

"...The Recoil Motor pinouts are as follows: Left pin V- signal, middle pin is BV+ and the right pin is V0."

Now what I have NOT documented on the guides page is the voltage select. However by default it is set to 5V+ as this will not be an issue and certainly is what Pete should be using for the Tagien/Torro/Imex recoil servo.

So forgetting the slip ring if you were to connect the recoil controller direct to the recoil port as above you will have no problems. The V0 on the recoil port is a very good line to get actual V0 into the slip ring setup and hence up into the turret.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:28 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

No... I wasn't questioning the pinouts, those are all good. The description of your airsoft/IR switch on the asp picture seems like it should be set left for airsoft and right for IR, but it's just the way it's written. But never mind, that's all good and working.

Only issue left is the recoil connection. As explained in earlier post, with the recoil jumper set to 5v, when I connect red wire to V+ and black to V0, the servo works right away (not when shooting). It also works when I connect the black to microswitch input or any other ground. But I need it to operate only when shot is fired, so when I connect the black to Vsig on the recoil port, or if I connect it to microswitch feedback, it doesn't work when shot is fired. My only thought is, it requires ground for a little longer time than the Vsig or microswitch feedback provide. Any way to extend the ground output in Vsig pin in asp programming when shot is fired?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board